Lenori's Vision

A few months before Tarik joined the Greencloaks...

Lenori walked endlessly in the dark, following a cobblestone road that led to nowhere. She had no idea where she was going or what she was doing. The cobblestone road vanished as she was sent to another place. The smell of death filled her nostrils as she came across a battlefield. A war had happened here a very long time ago. But the bodies were still here. Suddenly, all of the bodies disappeared except four. The Four Fallen, Uraza, Jhi, Briggan and Essix layed motionless. That's when she knew she was in Stetriol.

She approached the Great Wolf Briggan, and knelt by his side. She wanted to say his name but she could not speak. As she looked around at the other Great Beasts, a faint shape of Briggan walked up to her and sat by her side.

"We will return," he said in a mighty voice. "They will summon us back into the world of Erdas."
Who? She wanted to say. Briggan looked at her in understanding as if he knew what she was thinking.
"Four children from different parts of the world will bring us back," he continued. "The war is far from over."

As he finished, faint shapes of Jhi, Essix and Uraza appeared, sitting in a circle around her. This time, Jhi spoke.

"We will send a guardian for these children," her voice was rich and gentle. "He will be the one to train them, he will teach them how to bond with us." Uraza and Essix took a few steps back behind Lenori. A boy stood just a few feet away and approached Lenori. His eyes were sparkling white as if they were stars. A glow outlined his body as he stood in front of her, his head held high.

Uraza spoke, "The Devourer will also return with us. Three Great Beast will betray you and one child will be given the Bile. You must collect all of the talismans before the Devourer does." Chills ran up Lenori's spine making the hairs on her neck stand on end.

"However, when the boy does join, he will be in great danger. A man with a cat will bring fear and death into his life. Be careful who you trust when the boy is still in training," Essix warned.

"I am Tarik," the boy said. His voice echoed in her mind before Lenori fell into darkness, the Great Beasts disappearing.

Lenori explained her vision to Olvan, who looked shocked.
"That's impossible! The Great Beasts died long ago. Now your telling me they can be summoned back into this world?" He questioned.
Lenori nodded. "Yes, I saw it myself. Briggan told me that they would send a guardian to Greenhaven to protect the children that will summon them."
"What is his name?"
"Tarik, his name is Tarik."
Olvan said nothing, he just stared at the ground deep in thought.
"The Devourer will return," she said.
Olvan looked up at her in fear. "The war isn't over then..."
"No, it isn't. There will be a second war," her voice was tight with pain.
"Then I will take more recruits in a few months time, hopefully the boy the Four Fallen are sending will come to us," Olvan said.

As he walked away, Lenori did not call him back. She was not going to mention the man with the cat just yet.