The Second Greencloak Group

Tarik dreamed that he was in Trunswick. He walked down the streets, down alleyways and passed many shops and houses. But he could not find a single person. The city was deserted, but still in good condition. He walked down another alleyway again with Lumeo following behind him.

Tarik could see a different area up ahead of him. It was filled with chairs that were facing a single bench in the middle of the room. As he walked down the middle of the walkway of the square, he decided to make his way towards the bench. This was the place of ceremony, where children would receive the Nectar of Ninani.

Tarik stood behind the bench and saw a piece of paper that listed the names of three children that he did not know.
Lord Devin Trunswick.
Abby, daughter of Grall.
Conor, son of Fenray.

Tarik did not realise that he had read the names allowed, he looked at Lumeo, who also didn't realise and covered his mouth as if he cursed. Lumeo chattered anxiously and ran up Tarik's body to stand on his shoulder.

"What is it?" Tarik asked his spirit animal.

Lumeo jumped down from him again, did a few flips and sat down, looking at the entrance from where they came from. Tarik was confused at the otter's strange behaviour, but he looked to where Lumeo did and noticed that a heavy fog had appeared, making it hard to see far ahead. He heard heavy footsteps, but they were not human footsteps. The sound became louder, closer.

And he saw it.

The largest wolf he had ever seen in his life.

The wolf stepped out of the fog, it's pelt was a beautiful silver-grey and it's eyes were cobalt blue.

Then Tarik woke up.

~~~

Lishay startled awake as Tarik jolted upright so quickly from his sleep.

"Tarik?" Lishay whispered, "what's going on?"

Tarik shivered, suddenly cold. Lumeo and Zhosur were awake too, now aware of the commotion. The otter sat in Tarik's lap, worried.

"It was nothing, I just had a dream," Tarik whispered in reply. It was still dark but he couldn't hear Ricko and Dorian snoring anymore.

"A dream about what?"

"Why are you two outside?" Ricko stood behind them. Tarik and Lishay did not even hear the tent open. Dorian peeked from behind Ricko like a small child hiding behind his father.

"Umm..." Lishay was at a loss of words.

Tarik froze, still in shock from the dream. The only silver wolf with cobalt eyes that he knew of was the Great Wolf named Briggan. But Briggan died long ago in the First Devourer War. His parents used to tell him stories of the Great Beasts, he knew the ones of Nilo which were Uraza The Leopard and Cabaro The Lion, although Uraza was dead too. He had forgotten some of the names of the others, but still knew the Four Fallen Great Beasts, Briggan, Uraza, Jhi, Essix and of course Ninani and Tellun who were still alive.

He suddenly felt a large hand on his shivering shoulder. Lishay stood up and backed away for a moment, eyes on Tarik and Ricko.

"You two could have been eaten alive by a predator by being out here in the open," Ricko hissed.

"We're sorry," Lishay said, fidgeting with her cloak.