Search Party

LaReimaja held Chan's hand tightly. It was her idea to travel to Greenhaven with her siblings to see Tarik. The Greencloak commander, Olvan sat in a tall chair across from her. Marlo stared at the Greencloaks who had just explained to them that Tarik was captured. Tarik's mentor, Ricko, looked straight ahead at Olvan, waiting for him to speak.

"It's been weeks since you were last here. I was starting to wonder what had happened, and I almost sent reinforcements to help you. But knowing you, I didn't think you would need assistance," Olvan took a sip from his cup of coffee.

"The bandits said that the Conquerors had already taken the village we were going for. But I do not know if they were telling the truth," Ricko admitted.

LaReimaja froze in her chair, thinking about what was happening to her brother right at this moment. She knew he was brave, braver than all of them, but what things could those bandits have possibly done to Tarik? Did they kill him? Her attention was brought back to the real world as a Zhongese girl standing next to Ricko began to cry.

"I will send out multiple search parties to look for Tarik, but I still have no idea where they would have taken him," Olvan said.

"We believe that when they grabbed him they started moving to the North East," Ricko placed a strong hand on Lishay's shoulder.

Olvan paused for a long moment. "That's near Zhong, depending how far they went," he stood and looked at LaReimaja. "These are Tarik's siblings, they came to see him."

Marlo sank into his chair and Chan just stared down. The Zhongese girl suddenly starting touching LaReimaja's hair and face. "You look so much like him," she whispered.

The blonde haired boy named Dorian pulled the girl away. "We'll find him, Lishay."

LaReimaja wondered how the boy was still standing after she heard that he was stabbed. He still hadn't seen Lenori, perhaps he had gotten treatment earlier. Olvan walked over to Ricko and stood face-to-face with him. It was obvious that Ricko had tried to save both Dorian and Tarik but Olvan expected more.

"I will order my men to begin searching North East, towards Zhong. I really hope that this boy is still alive, and if he's not or we can't find him," Olvan stepped closer, "I will be holding you responsible."

Ricko swallowed hard. "Yes sir."

"I want to help find Tarik," LaReimaja spoke up.

Everyone looked at her. Olvan didn't look surprised but Marlo and Chan were shocked.

"I am sorry, but you cannot go out there. I'm also sure Tarik would not be wanting you to go either," Olvan said.

"I did not travel to Greenhaven to not see him," LaReimaja stepped forward.

"Sister, you're being silly. We might be able to stay here for a night or two and wait for Tarik here," Chan said calmly.

Maybe Chan was right, they could stay at Greenhaven and wait for Tarik. But what if they can't find him? They would have stayed for nothing.

"He might already be dead," Marlo whispered, loud enough for everyone to here.

"He's not dead!" LaReimaja hissed. "I know that he is alive! How could you say that?"

Marlo fell silent.

LaReimaja faced Olvan again. The tall man slightly smiled. "It is best if you stay here, we do not know how dangerous it will be. Therefore, I'll send my best soldiers and trackers out there to find him. Ricko, you will show them where he was captured."

Ricko saluted. "Yes sir."

Without waiting for LaReimaja's response, Olvan marched out of the room with Ricko, Lishay and Dorian. At the same time, another Greencloak walked in.

"Hi, I will be showing you where you will be sleeping tonight. My name is Monte, please follow me," he held the door open for the children, then he walked off.

They followed him.