I missed you

The hug must have lasted some minutes until we heard someone cough behind us. Turning around we see everyone is already up.

'I should probably introduce you to the youngest of the pack. This one is Liam and that one is Mason.' Scott said pointing at the light brown haired boy before pointing at the dark skinned boy standing next to him. I can sense that Mason is human, but Liam isn't. Is he a werewolf? But doesn't that mean that Scott...had to bit him? Scott would never do that, right? Or maybe he did...

'Is he...a...?' I try to get my point out but I struggle with how to phrase it but I think they get what I'm trying to say.

'He is a werewolf. He is my beta.' He said in a proud tone.

So he did bite him.

'When...did this happen?' I say looking towards Liam.

'Couple months ago.' Scott said unsure. I don't know if it was because he didn't know the answer or because of what happened to me months ago.

I turned towards Scott before I felt a something hit me on the chest hard. But it wasn't something, it was someone. Not anybody, it was Lydia. I couldn't see her face but I could see the top of her head. her strawberry blonde hair. She is hugging me. I missed all of this physical connection between them. I never knew how hard it would be to be back, I thought I had lost them forever.

Looking up I see Malia looking towards us. It wasn't awkward between us before I shutted down so we didn't need to say anything, just nod at each other to know that everything's fine between us.

'So...what now?' Scott said looking at all of us.

'I mean we have to get back together or if not how are we going to take down Theo?' Malia said. Her voice, I hadn't heard it in so long.

'Yeah...Stiles...?' Scott said with his head hanging a bit low but still managing to make eye contact with me.

'I mean.., by me it's fine. I don't...know about you...' I said not looking at anyone specifically.

As soon as I said it Lydia practically yelled. 'It's fine by us! Isn't it guys?' She looked at everyone's faces to see try and guess what was going through their minds.

'Yes, definitely.' Scott said immediately after. I can't believe what is happening. Are they really just going to ignore everything that happened in the past and move on. I wasn't left enough time to keep thinking before Mason started to look from left to right anxiously.

'Wouldn't it be better if we take this conversation somewhere more safe. The sun is starting to rise and it's a monday so...school.' He said.

'Yeah, let's go.' Scott said starting to make his way towards the exit.

We all started to walk together when Lydia stopped and looked at the time on her phone. 'I actually think we should call it a day and just go home.'

I didn't know what time it was, I didn't have a phone either. But whatever the time was, there is one thing that I feel like I need to do. But I'm scared of doing so, I never thought I would be scared of talking to him.

'Fine.' Scott said.

They all slowly left until it was just me and Scott who were left standing in the middle of the school hallway. The sun was rising as there was a tint of orange in the environment. I knew what I wanted to do but I didn't know how to get there. I don't have my car with me, I have no phone, nothing. And I can't ask Scott because he has done enough for me as it is, even if I don't deserve it.

'What are you going to do now?'

I feel weird. Hearing him ask that made this whole situation kind of sink in. I have to do it, don't I? I have to talk to him face to face. I want to just get to him and let go of everything but it would make me more a burden.

But all I need right now it's my dad.

'I want to...go home, I guess...' Scott looked at me with a relaxed expression. He thinks everything is starting to look up, everything it's going to be fine. But that is never the case in Beacon Hills is it? There's always going to be trouble and death. We can't escape those.

'I'll take you.'

'Are you sure because I can just walk you know? It's not that far. It's actually quite near now that I think about it. Why do I use to take a car to school everyday I do-' 'Stiles!' He stopped me.

'One, it's totally fine by me to take you and two, it's nowhere near your house that's why you always wanted to have a car so you could get here faster and without wasting time of your dad.' Scott would always know this kind of things.

I sigh. I didn't want to take advantage of him but what else can I do now?

'Okay fine.'

Scott patted me in the back and we went towards his car in the parking lot. How I missed having this type of conversations.

He was right. The ride to my house from the school is in fact quite far. But in my defence, I probably spent most of the mornings thinking about random stuff, so the time goes flying by.

I fell asleep at some point because one moment it was peaceful and the next I was shaking. Or someone else was shaking me. Scott woke me up. 'We're here.'

I looked up from where my head was laying on my arms over the window. Through the foggy glass I can see the front porch of my house. We are here. A light can be seen through the right window. It comes from the kitchen.

I look to my left to see Scott.

'Thanks.'

I pull the door open and I get out of the car. I was about to close the door when 'Hey Stiles, ummmm....you know you can talk to me right?'

I looked at him. 'You are my best friend, of course I know that.'

He smiled and I close the door. Then he left.

I turn around to see my house. I slowly walked towards the door. I don't have a key, I have to knock.

My hand is shaking. I don't know if I can even knock the door. After so long how can I just appear like this?

And what do I even tell him?

I'm sorry?

Everything is fine? Nothing happened?

Before I could even process anything I had knocked the door. My breathing stops. It feels like the start of a panic attack. I can't do this, not right now.

I see the door slowly open.

And then there he is standing in front of me with shock in his eyes. Paralysed. Neither of us knew what to do, both of us with tears threatening to come out.

Then he hugged me. What we've both been longing for.

'Hi dad.'

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The video is beautiful :)