The beast

I just re read my zodiac zombie apocalypse book...and I realized I'm such an idiot...idk how the hell I got 5K reads on that...

Group 1
"It's so hot, we need to find someplace for the night..." Libra squinted at the sun. "Ya she is right, the day is almost over and all I see is sand for miles." Sagittarius put a hand over his eyes to protect them from the sun.

"It gets really cold at night in desserts don't they?" Cancer said softly. "Ya they do. Let's find someplace to stay." Taurus began walking. His feet were aching, he was tired and hungry until the idea popped in his head. "Oh my god am I stupid or what?! I can fly!" He scoffed.

His wings painfully came out but it didn't hurt as much as the first time. With a powerful flap he was in the air. He wobbled a little, getting used to the change. Then he flew much higher. He squinted and saw a huge black cloud of sand approaching them. "Oh shit." He frantically searched for shelter.

He managed to see a small cave, but they would cut close to the storm. He landed roughly, raising up a cloud of dust. "We need to move, a dust storm is coming, I saw a cave near here." He walked in the direction he saw it.

He coughed as the dust rose in the air. "Hurry!" He began running now. Sagittarius stumbled a few times but caught up with everyone else. They ran into the dark cave and a few minutes later the storm was upon them. The dust leaked in but it was better then being out in it.

"We could spend the night here...." Cancer looked around. "Please...we should." Libra was parched but they had no water. "Alright...we can head back tomorrow, we found nothing anyway." Taurus sighed.

Few hours later

Aquarius fluttered her eyes open. She was soaked and smelled of salt, she had that salty taste in her mouth as well. She felt a burning in her arm and saw a large gnash on it. Her head pounded. She looked around and saw that she wasn't in the ocean, not even near it.

Bright green trees still surrounded her so they must have floated into a river or something. She suddenly realized she didn't fall alone. She looked around and saw Leo laying motionless on the river bank. He had a bad tear in his leg, which bloodied the fresh water surrounding him.

His dirty blond hair swept over his forehead. She crawled over to him, wincing at the pain in her arm. She grabbed him and flipped him over so he was on his back. He seemed to stir and slowly opened his eyes.

Leo still had the worried pleading look that he had as she was trying to pull him up, it made her feel guilty she couldn't save him.

"Aquarius?

"Aquarius?..." He slowly blinked. It was dark now and the stars blinked in the sky. A rustle was heard. Aquarius was on edge, her gut told her to get out of here NOW. "Leo we need to go, it isn't safe." She put his arm around her shoulder and lifted him up.

He groaned at his leg but limped along with her. "Where are we?" He mumbled. "I don't know." She said honestly. Another rustle, Leo wasn't in the shape to fight. She could probably play as a distraction at most.

A low grunt came behind her. She turned around and saw a hunched over figure prowling out of the bushes. It had four legs and a dragon like face. It was terrifying!

She laid him against the tree trunk

She laid him against the tree trunk. "I want you to turn invisible and stay here ok?" She ordered. "But what about you?" He managed to say. "Don't worry about me just do it!" Aquarius shouted. The beast was growling now.

Leo hesitantly nodded and then he was gone. She turned to see the beast's glowing blue eyes and long claws that were itching it maul her. "Here goes nothing..." She cracked her knuckles.

Sorry for the short chapter😣