Battle (pt 1)

It was bright an early morning and the group actually woke up on their own, ready to make the most of probably the only day off they would have. Aquarius decided it would be a great time to sleep in and catch up on some much needed sleep.

Her arm had a dull throbbing pain but there was nothing on her arm. She closed her eyes for a moment. After literally two seconds she was shaken awake by Gemini who was bursting with excitement. "Wake up!l " she yelled in Aquarius ear. "No. Go away." Aquarius said from under the sheets.

Gemini huffed and ripped the blankets off of her. Aquarius felt the cold air tingle her skin, she felt naked without the cover of the blanket, she instinctively curled up, still not moving. "Oh Leo!" Gemini called. Aquarius almost got up at him being called over but she was stubborn.

"What." He blinked. "Can you get Aqua up?" Gem asked sweetly. "Don't call me Aqua," she only let close friends call her that. "Aquaaaa." Leo stretched the word, teasing her. "Stop." She said quickly.

She felt something jab her side, making her arch her back away from it. "What the." She turned. Leo gave an innocent look. "Poke." He smiled. Aquarius growled at him. He dug his finger in her stomach and then pulled it back. "Poke." He said again.

"Oh for god sakes." Aquarius groaned and got up. "It worked! I just annoy the shit out of her." He laughed. Gem smiled and walked out the door. Aquarius took a quick shower, washing her hair. She walked out with a towel, expecting nobody there.

"Leo?!" She ran back in the bathroom and only perked her head out. "Leave!" She yelled. "Ok ok!" He got up and left. Aquarius got dressed and kept looking out to make sure nobody came back.

They were all in the cafeteria eating breakfast. "Can we go outside scientist dude?" Aries asked. "No, I can't risk you running away." He shrugged. "But you're gonna send us out anyway..." Aries argued. "But I have Ophichus, keeping an eye on you." He patted the boy's head.

Ophichus blinked and had a blank stare. "Psh what can the kid do? We are the ones that have to protect him." Aries crossed his arms. Ophichus raised an eyebrow. "Are you challenging me?" He said with a raised tone. "Um no?" Aries was confused.

"I already have you figured out." He sneered. "What do you mean?" Aries was a bit creeped out. "I am gonna throw this knife at you, by the time you realize that it's heading towards you, you'll be dead." He pulled out a dagger from his pocket.

"Sure you will." Aries laughed. Ophichus sighed and chucked the knife. Aries screamed as it whizzed past him, nicking his cheek. "Weak point one, arrogance." Ophichus left the room. Aries put a finger to his ear and it when he pulled it away it was slick with bright blood.

"Don't underestimate him." The scientist warned. "You could have told me that before..." Aries groaned. "Oops?" He left the room back to wherever he dwelled. "Do what do you guys wanna do?" Gemini asked. "Sleep, sleep, sleep, eat, oh and sleep." Aquarius said dully.

"You're so boring!" Gemini playfully punched her. "You're too entertaining." Aquarius glared. "Why don't we spar?" Virgo suggested. "We have to practice using our powers anyway." She shrugged. "Sure why not?" Scorpio agreed.

"I don't know..." Cancer hesitated but she was unheard. "Let's go!" Taurus bounced up. Aquarius did not agree at all but she followed anyway, not like she had anything better to do. They went back to the dirt training ground and stretched.

"Ok partner up!" Virgo shouted. Scorpio scooted next to her and just stood there. She almost laughed at his stiffness but kept it in. "Heeeeyyy." Libra smirked at Sagittarius. He sighed and gave a dimpled smile. "Be my partner!" Gemini jumped on Cap who barely caught her due to how fast she was zooming around.

"Whoa calm down!" He held her still. "Sorry just warming up!" She smiled. "Want to be my partner?" Taurus asked normally to Cancer. "Sure." She simply said as she tied her hazel hair back.

"Aries, wanna spar with me?" She had her hands behind her back and smiled sweetly at him. He couldn't say no to that face, not that he was going to anyway. "Ya sure." He smiled back.

"Aqua?" Leo stood in front of her, blocking her view. "What." She said sharply. "Partners?" He said with a hopeful tone. "Do I have a choice?" She rolled her eyes and walked away. "Was that a yes?" Leo scratched his head.

"Ok who first?" Virgo placed her hands on her hips. "We'll go." Aries called. "Ok, the circle is yours." Everybody backed away. Aries cracked his knuckles while Pisces stretched. "And go!" Virgo shouted.

Aries immediately blended into the background, he was on the defensive at the moment. Pisces picked up small rocks and circled them around herself.

"You can't hide forever." She smiled as she saw an unnatural ripple in the background. She hurled a small rock at it. "Ouch!" Aries yelped but then moved. Pisces felt a strong force shove her to the ground. "Hey!" She sighed and let him win.

"Hehe." Aries did a little dance and strutted off. "You let him win didn't you?" Virgo whispered to Pisces. Pisces giggled and nodded. "Ok next?"

"Us!" Libra raised her hand. Sagittarius didn't want to go so soon but he followed. They started on opposite sides. "Go!" Virgo yelled. Sagittarius threw a fireball at her. Libra dodged it shifted into a mouse.

Sagittarius couldn't keep track of where she was. A towering figure rose in front of Sagittarius. "Whoa a bear?" He blinked and moved out of the way of the massive paw. He shot another fire ball but the beat shrank and was now a flash of feathers.

A loud cry came from the diving bird. Sagittarius tried throwing more fire but she just swiftly dodged it and then stopped fright in his face, the talons an inch from his face.

She shifted back. "Yay I won! I was working on shifting into animals, it paid off!" She laughed. "Me and Virgo will go next." Scorpio got into position. Virgo smiled. Scorpio squinted at her.

Portal here, there, and then finish him quickly

He sighed at her thought of winning so easily. She glared to the side. A black portal opened. Scorpio acted surprised but he knew what her plan was. Another portal opened behind him. She stuck her hand in and it came the other side.

He grabbed her hand, preventing it from hitting her. "Haha I win!" Scorpio smiled. "You forget I have two hands." Virgo smirked. Scorpio turned back to see her other fist right in his face. "Damn it." He let go and the portal disappeared.

"Ok who is next?"

"Me and cancer!" Taurus shouted. Cancer slowly went to the the circle. "You scared?"  Taurus smiled. "Yes..." She looked at the ground. It was so easy to deceive people, she hid a smile.