Mile High club

"SAY WHAT?"  Cat felt weak at the knees at Harry's words and fumbled around behind her until she had firmly parked her butt on a chair. "Harry, don't you dare think this can be some kind of joke. That would just be cruel!"

Harry shook his head. "No, I'm serious!"

Cat looked at him warily. Her life had left her some what reluctant to believe in love. None the less, she tried. "Who was on the phone?"

Harry looked ashamed and a little worried as he rubbed the back of his neck with his large hand. "I don't really-,"

"Harry!"

He groaned and sat back on the couch behind him. "Caroline."

Cat paled and her palms grew sweaty with worry and nervousness. "Caroline? As in Caroline Flack?"

"The very same."

Harry could tell that the next thing that came out of Cat's mouth would be condesending and meaningful; that the next thing she said would make him re-think his life and other stuff he'd never thought about. She did that too all the guys and they found it strange and enlightning at the same time. Louis was convinced she should become some kind of wise monk and live in the mountains for years.

"Harry," Cat said finally, wiping her sweaty hands off on her bare legs. "I think that the urge to tell Gabbie you love her, comes from the fact that Caroline called you. What did she say, exactly?"

Harry groaned and leaned backwards. "She wants me back!" This frustrated and enraged him.

A while ago, Harry had told Caroline, stupidly, that he loved her. When she didn't say it back, he ended the relationship. Cat knew all of this from Twitter.

"See, thats why you want to love Gabbie." Cat reasoned carefully. She knew Harry was in a sensitive position, not that any guy would ever admit it to her or any other woman in the world. "You didn't get any love from Caroline, like you wanted, so now that your faced with the possibility that she does love you, you're freaking out. Which is what most people would do anyway."

"So?" Harry let out a sigh. "Why does life have to be so freaking confusing!"

Cat shrugged. "If it wasn't, our life would be completely black and white; completely straight and narrow."

There was a knock on the door and Cat was about to get up when the door flew open, the hinges screaming in protest.

"IT"S KEVIN!" Louis yelled, throwing the stuffed bird into the room before slamming the door again.

Cat and Harry stared down at the pigeon before sharing a look and cracking up laughing. Cat held her stomach as she fell off her chair, rolling around on the ground with tears streaming from her eyes.

"That-," Harry gasped from where he was laughing on the couch.

"-was so random!" Cat finished with a yell, trying to regulate her breathing.

Once they had calmed down, both of them stared at the ceiling. "So, heres what I think you need to do." Cat told Harry, rolling on her side to look up at him. "Just, avoid Caroline for a while. Turn off your phone. Something. Then, spend time with Gabbie. Get too know her. Don't tell her you love her on impulse. It will just turn out badly, okay?"

Harry nodded, biting his lip. "But I do love her." He added quietly. Cat pretended that she couldn't hear him and resumed looking lazily at the ceiling. "So, you and Zayn, hey?"

"And now I think, I'm going to leave!" Cat said, getting swiftly to her feet.

Harry laughed as he watched her bolt out the door and got up slowly himself, mulling over everything Cat had said. He thought he had loved Caroline, but he had never felt the way he felt about Gabbie ever.