Beautiful

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" 

Niall sat down beside Gabbie in the empty waiting area for terminal 52 and dropped his carry-on by his feet. He glanced over at Cat, who was looking at her feet as she kicked a plastic cup between them. She'd been this way with all the boys since Zayn and her broke it off a few weeks back. Niall kinda missed her smile. A lot.

He glanced back at Gabbie, expecting an answer to his question. Gabbie just shrugged her shoulders, gripping the seat tightly. 

Niall rolled his eyes and settled back into his seat. He took a deep breath, realising that while both girls were excited to see him before he left, they weren't here for that and they really didn't want to tell him why they were. As if it wasn't obvious already.

"They won't be here until later tonight." Niall offered, watching as both girls looked at him in confusion. "I'm catching a connecting flight to Ireland from London. My flight leaves from the terminal next door in...," he glanced at his watch. "Twenty minutes."

Cat nodded, standing up. "Well, I'm going to go get something to eat from the food court down there." She jerked her thumb over her shoulder. "Also, I owe my Mother a phone call. She expected me home hours ago." She rubbed her temples before shuffling off down the crowded hallway.

Niall watched her go, perplexed. Cat was a social butterfly. It was so totally unlike her to want to be out of a conversation. Gabbie too looked amazed that she'd left.

"She never gives up a conversation for food!" She excalimed, glancing at Niall, her face plastered with amusment.

Niall chuckled. "Yeah, well, I suppose it is a bit awkward, her being here."

Gabbie shook her head, raking back her honey coloured hair with her fingers. She sat around in her chair, hooking her left leg up so it moulded around her large belly. "How so?"

"Well, you did just drag her on a nine hour drive to see the man you love, who also happens to be friends and band members with her ex-boyfriend. She knows that when Harry turns up, so will Zayn." Niall shurgged again, knocking his shoes together. "Maybe she's just....I don't know- depressed."

Gabbie nodded, suddenly seeing it, plain as day. Cat may have been as supportive about Gabbie's freak trip to Sydney as anyone possibly could, but she still had the raw break in her heart from her break-up. And seeing Zayn was like adding salt to the wound. Gabbie couldn't for the life of her wonder why Cat had even agreed to come if she knew she would be seeing him. Gabbie knew for a fact Cat wouldn't be one to give an over-emotional speech about how much she loves him, and she certainly wouldn't put everything on the line to beg for him to stay. 

Cat wasn't like that. Cat had one belief that ruled over everything she did: it will be alright in the end and if it isn't alright, it isn't the end.

Pretty good rule, if you think about it.

Maybe that ment that Cat had figured if her and Zayn were ment to be together, they would be in the end.

Gabbie looked up at Niall and smiled. "Yeah." She gazed down the hall where Cat had gone. "I don't think she's depressed, I just think she already knows how this is going to play out and she probably thinks it won't be in her favour."

Niall nodded again, a loud vibrating sound drawing his attention to his carry-on. Quickly, he bent down and unzipped it, fishing out his phone.

"Louis." he rolled his eyes, opening the text message. Letting out a chuckle, he turned the phone around to show Gabbie the text. "He's crazy."

Gabbie leaned closer to read it.

Have a good flight. Don't eat all the food. And, remembering that there are other people on the plane, don't chuck a Harry with the blanket ;) xxx