Chapter Six: Abducted

*Katniss*
The next few months are the best I've had since the first games. Gale shows me everything in District two, most of it involving the Nut. I can't even express how impressive it is, no wonder Gale is so proud of it. He shows me all the ins and outs from the weapons to the technology to how they train their troops. I have to say I was very happy to see Beetee again and I was glad that they used his intellect to help build the place.
Gale even let's me teach some of his classes about things from shooting bows, climbing trees, throwing knives, assembling guns (from when I learned in district thirteen), and some hand to hand combat; which I took upon myself to learn after the games due to my P.T.S.D. I have to say it feels good to be doing some good in this world rather than moping around my house in district twelve.
Everyday Gale and I go hunting after working in the Nut. It's almost like old times. We talk endlessly about our lives over the past three years, avoiding the depressing thoughts for the time being, and about old memories. The trust between us grows stronger everyday until I almost forget that it ever left. I start to feel more like myself. Especially today.
Gale and I sit in a clearing of trees gazing lazily at the clouds. It's turning into summer time and the warm air feels nice after months of cold. We lay on our backs and I rip up the grass at my sides and think of absolutely nothing. There's not a care in the world. It's been a first since well, ever.
Out of a moment of giddiness I roll over on my stomach and put my hand on Gale's face, squishing it I yell "Tag!" and jump up and run off into the woods. I hear a sigh behind me as Gale reluctantly get's up and runs after me.
We race through the trees with the grace of wolves and I laugh as he tries to catch up. After a minute I don't hear footsteps behind me and I slow down to look behind me. No one is following me. I smirk and walk briskly forward.
Told ya I'm faster. I think to myself. But apparently my cockiness jinxed me because in a flash Gale drops from a tree and slaps my arm as he runs past.
"TAG." He yells and whoops at his success. I roll my eyes and jog after him.
As I try to figure out a way to get him back I notice my thoughts feel almost...loud. And the forrest is oddly silent.
   Suddenly branches start to snap around me. I reach for my bow but then curse myself because I left it in the clearing. I slowly pull the knife hidden in my boot and try to anticipate the threat's next location. I pin point it quickly and break into a sprint towards a thick bush. I pounce and pin the threat down, knife to his throat.
"Whoa! Catnip it's me." Gale's voice relieves my tenseness but I'm still shaking in my boots.
"What the hell Gale!" I sigh in exasperation as I get up off of him. He laughs wholeheartedly as I glare at him. I start to walk back to the meadow trying to ignore his making fun of me.
"You should have seen your face!" He laughs as he holds his stomach and starts to fall on the ground. I ignore him and keep walking.
"Aw c'mon Catnip where's your sense of fun?" He tries to catch up with me.
"Damn it Gale, you scared me half to death! Thought you were some mutt that.." But I don't get to finish my sentence before the net drops from the sky and entraps me.
"Katniss!" Gale yells and breaks into a sprint to try and reach me.
"Gale stop!" But he doesn't listen and before I blink another net has dropped around him.
"Gale!" I reach my hand through the mesh and he meets me half way.
"Katniss your knife." He yells. My hands shake as I reach for it. I start to try and cut through the net but my tremors prove to be too strong and as we start to rise in the air, I watch my knife fall to the ground.
Suddenly the ropes that hold our nets begin to split apart breaking our grip on each other.
"Gale! Gale what's happening!" But my voice gets lost in the hum of a hovercraft.
"Katniss!" He yells. Our hands are pulled apart.
"Katniss I'll find you I promise!" He yells and I only have time to scream his name once more before I disappear into a hovercraft. It's pitch black and there's a sharp pinch in my arm before I black out.

Sorry for the short chapter...and the cliff hanger...but not really😏😂 I don't own any of the Hunger Games characters and please read and review! Thanks! You guys are awesome!-Kyliegrace17