Chapter Fourty One: Mr. And Mrs. Hawthorne

*Gale*
   I pace nervously around the room, running a hand through my hair, checking the mirror to see if I still look okay, then pace the room once more.
"Bro. Calm down." Rory sighs and pinches the bridge of his nose between his fingers.
"Rory I really need you to shut up." I tell him, and continue to pace the room.
"I'm sorry but I won't." Rory says back. I turn to glare at him before sitting on a couch in the room we're sitting in.
"Don't wanna piss you off on your wedding day but I agree with Rory." Peeta shamefully admits and I look to Vick for help, but he nods his head in agreement. I sigh and lean back into the couch.
"C'mon Gale your getting married! To Katniss Everdeen. No one in their right mind would have any second thoughts about that, so why are you?" Rory gives me the look of your not getting out of this or I'll beat you. I roll my eyes and give in.
"I just don't want to screw this up." There. That's the truth.
Peeta scoffs,"Man, you are so clueless."
I scoff back, mimicking him.
"I do recall you almost puking up your breakfast before you said "I Do" baker boy."
Peeta holds his hands up in surrender but continues.
"You're right I did. It's freaking terrifying, but you love her don't you?"
I look down at my hands, a small smile tugs at the corners of my mouth.
"Love doesn't even cover it."
"Then don't think about anything else. Remind yourself of that and you won't screw anything up." At this moment Haymitch comes through the door, Katniss's step in father.
"Better get out there." He states before shutting the door again. Rory meets my gaze.
"You ready big brother?" He smirks
I nod,"Yeah. I am."

*Katniss*
   I shift nervously in front of the mirror. I smooth down the white fabric of my simple white dress. It reaches past my feet but is light and soft with good movement. It's not too low in the front but exposes my collarbones, and it dips slightly in the back. The sleeves go to the middle of my forearms. Nadia and Delly worked on putting my hair up in a bun with strands of curled hair that frame my face.
   I look like myself. With some simple make up added by Nadia. As a final touch my engagement ring was placed on a chain that I now wear around my neck.
"Catnip?" Posy tugs on my dress. I kneel down to her level.
"I'm happy my brother is marrying you." She blushes and pulls at her dress bashfully. I brush a stray golden curl behind her ear and smile.
"Me too."
She giggles and runs off to play with Finn.
"You nervous?" Delly comes over to me.
"Hell yes..." I sigh and take a deep breath trying to calm my nerves. Delly takes my hand.
"Don't be. You know why?" I shake my head.
"I'm gonna tell you the same thing you told me. Remember he loves you." I feel some of the butterflies leave my stomach.
"Thank you Delly." I say softly. She embraces me and I try my best not to squeeze her too hard. Her baby bump is barely visible but I'm still cautious.
I pull away and give her a reassuring nod, Nadia informs us we should assemble ourselves outside. I take another deep breath and one last look in the mirror.
   I join the others outside, it's turning to fall but the days are still warm. The leaves are changing vibrant colors of red and orange and yellow amid the evergreens. We make our way to a quiet part of the meadow, farther away from town. There's a cluster of trees that we girls hide ourselves behind. The guys got ready at Gale and I's house.
   I peek my eyes out from behind a large oak tree. There he is, at the end of the isle waiting for me. He looks amazing in a suit. He left out the tie because "they're too itchy" but I wouldn't know, I've never worn one. So there he stands in a white shirt and black blazer and pants. He's perfect. He looks so nervous, at least I'm not the only one.
   Lost in thought, I almost miss the music that starts to play. The guests take their seats and wait attentively. I take my place behind Nadia who squeezes my hand reassuringly.
   Finn and Posy walk hand in hand down the isle. Primrose and Rue petals are scattered on the ground. I blink my tears away. I know somewhere Prim and Rue and my father are watching and I know they're in a good place.
   Haymitch takes my arm.
"You ready sweetheart?" He asks. I smile and nod. Before I know it its my turn.
   I take the first step forward and Haymtich and I head down the isle. Our small group of guests rise from their seats, but I don't see them. All I see is Gale at the end waiting for me. He smiles at me and I can see a trace of tears in his eyes. I smile back and finally Haymitch gives me away, after a kiss on the cheek, and I join hands with my fiancée.

*Gale*
  Her fingers clasp mine and she smiles up at me, her cheeks slightly flushed, bringing out the grey in her eyes. She looks more beautiful than I can even explain. She looks like herself.
   Immediately when her touch met mine my nerves dissipated into thin air and I already feel like I can fly. I lead her over to the minister and she faces me. The ceremony starts, but all I can think about is her.
   "Gale, you may say your vows." I'm broken out of my trance suddenly. I squeeze her hands in mine and she smiles.
"Katniss Everdeen. I've been in love with you since I was fourteen. Crazy, madly in love with you. You are my best friend, my hunting partner, and the other half of my heart and soul. And I promise to love you until death do us part. Maybe not even then. I vow to protect you and to cherish you and to stay by your side no matter what. I'll always be by your side, no matter what the future throws at us. I promise to tell you how amazing and beautiful you are everyday just to make you smile. And I'll try every day to be a better man for you. I love you." Katniss smiles even bigger and tries to blink back tears, but a few escape. I quickly brush them away before the minister continues on to her.
"Katniss you may now say your vows."

*Katniss*
   Gale's bright seam eyes gaze into mine. I take a deep breath and begin.
"We have this saying that we fight together we die together. And I promise that I will never stop fighting for you or fighting with you. You are my best friend and the only one who really, deeply knows me and I love you so much I can't even explain with words. When you found me I was guarded and bitter and you tore my walls down and showed me what living was like. I don't know what I'd do without you. And I vow to try and be better for you every day. I promise to try and make you laugh and smile because it makes my whole world brighter. I love you." While I was speaking tears silently slipped down my cheeks. Gale brushes them away. The minister continues to ask us to confirm a few more vows, always quickly replied with an "I Do." Or "I will" from one of us.
"Do you, Gale Hawthorne, take Katniss Everdeen to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
"I do." He smiles at me as he slips the ring on my finger.
"And do you, Katniss Everdeen, take Gale Hawthorne to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do." A blush comes to my cheeks as I slip a gold band on his finger.
"I pronounce you husband and wife! You may kiss the bride..."
Gale smiles and takes my face in his hands. Leaning down he kisses me softly and I smile against our connected lips. Time stops I can feel us both get lost in this moment.
   After a minute we pull apart at the same time. On cue, the minister announces,"Ladies and Gentlemen it's my pleasure to present to you Mr. And Mrs. Hawthorne!"