Chapter Fourty Eight: Positive

*Gale*
I sit outside the bathroom door on the floor, nervously tapping my thumb on my leg. What is taking her so long? I haven't heard movement inside for a while now.
This morning I woke up to Katniss jumping out of bed and rushing to the bathroom. She then started throwing up and I followed after her and held her hair out of the way. Once she stopped I gave her some water and she brushed her teeth.
"Are you okay?" I asked. She shook her head.
"I'm late." She said quietly.
"What?"
"I'm. Late. Gale." She looked at me sincerely. Oh, I thought. Her cycle was late. My eyes must've shown that I understood because she nodded and pushed herself up to sit on the counter.
All of a sudden I became really really nervous. I had always wanted kids, but was this really happening? And what if it was just a coincidence?
We went to the store and got multiple pregnancy tests because Katniss couldn't choose one. And now here I sit waiting for her to come out.
I run my hands through my hair and huff out a deep breath. Am I ready for this? To be a dad? Is Katniss ready? Questions swirl around in my mind, I just wish Katniss would come out already.
As if reading my thoughts the lock on the bathroom door clicks. Katniss slowly opens the door and I stand up. Watching her every move, I try to get a hint on what she'll say. She holds a test in her shaking hand. When she finally makes eye contact with me her expression makes my heart sink. I guess it was a false alarm. She hands me the test and I brace myself to see what her eyes have told me.
When I look down at it I'm confused to see the word "Pregnant" typed on the small screen. I blink once and look again. That can't be right, otherwise why would Katniss...
When I look up from the test Katniss beams at me.
"You dirty liar!" I accuse and she laughs as I trap her in my arms and spin her around. I set her down carefully and she takes my face in her hands and kisses me hard. I smile against our lips and I can feel her doing the same.
She pulls away first and wraps her arms around my neck.
"You ready?" She murmurs. Her grey eyes sparkle with excitement and just a bit of fear. But let's be honest who wouldn't be just a little afraid?
I nod my head and press my lips to hers. Whenever Katniss is around I get ten times braver, and the only thing keeping me from flying is gravity. I can't wait to be a parent with her.
"I'm ready."
...
A/N
Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter, I really wanted to show the short happy scene and not have it drowned out by the rest of a chapter. Please rate and comment! Thanks Y'all! Also I need baby names...any suggestions?
-KylieGrace17