"Sarah, I am not completely blind, only a bit short sighted"

Sarah slept in the next morning, but Jerry was still sleeping when she got up and more than two hours went by before he came into the living-room and flopped down on the couch.
"Morning sweetie, did you sleep well ?" She put a hand on his arm and caressed him.
He glanced at her and grunted, then his focus was back on the tv and she felt like shit.
"I was thinking Jerry, maybe we could go out and do something together today". She looked at him smiling.
He looked at her with an annoyed expression. "I don't care for running around on cafes, museums or other not interesting places playing the happy couple, no thank you".
"But we could do whatever you like sweetie, I just thought it could be nice to do something together". She looked at him pleadingly.
"I said no Sarah, if you want to get out, then get lost, I actually don't want to look at you". His voice was getting louder and Sarah knew not to say anything more.
She went into the bedroom and took of her nightdress and pulled on a pair of skinny jeans and a cashmere sweater she had gotten for Christmas, then she ran a brush through her hair, letting it fall loosely down around her shoulders.
"Sweetie I am going for a walk in the park or something like that, I need to get some fresh air, is that okay ?" She looked nervously at him.
But he just grunted again and waved her of with his hand, so she hurried out before he could change his mind.
She walked down the street, Jerry would probably be angry when she got home, but she just couldn't face sitting with him all day in front of the tv, she needed to get out and get some air.
Sarah turned into the park, why did Jerry have to be like that ? Why didn't he ever want to do anything with her anymore ? He was always just sitting in front of the TV unless he was with his friends.
She could feel the tears come, sometimes she didn't really know if she still loved him as she used to, but she always felt so bad for thinking like that, he was going through a hard time.
As she walked fast down the path, she tried to get her feelings under control, the park was almost empty and she got a shock when she rounded a corner and ran directly into someone.
She gasped in surprise and felt herself fall, but then strong arms grabbed her, keeping her on her feet. "Sarah ?"
She looked up surprised, finding herself caught in a pair of beautiful blue eyes. "Tom ? What are you doing here ?"
"I had to find something to do with my day off, so I thought I would get out and see a bit of the city". He let go of her, when he was sure she wouldn't fall.
She desperately rubbed her eyes with her sleeve and he looked at her with concern. "Are you crying ? Did you get hurt ?"
"No no, it is perfectly fine Tom, there is nothing wrong". She haded that he saw her cry.
"Sarah, I am not completely blind, only a bit short sighted, it is quite clear that something is wrong, come here I am bying you a cup of tea and you can tell me". He grabbed her hand, pulling her along.
She followed him without a word, she should say no, make up an excuse, but it would be rude and though she wouldn't admit it, she would actually like to spend some time with him outside of work.
They walked to a small cafe on the other side of the lake, it was nearly empty and they sat down in a booth in the back.
"I hope I am not being to forward Sarah, but you just look like you really need someone to talk to, what happened ?" He looked at her, real concern in  his eyes.
She sighed, should she tell him anything ? She probably shouldn't, but he was right, she really needed to talk and contrary to Hayley he was neutral as he didn't know Jerry.
"I just hoped that Jerry wanted to do something with me today, but instead he got angry and told me to leave". She looked down at her hands.
He gently put one hand on top of hers. "I am sorry to tell you, but that doesn't sound like a healthy relationship Sarah, you fiancee isn't supposed to hurt you like this".
"I know, but I love him and he has been through so much and I can't just leave him". She could hear her own voice break and the tears welled up in her eyes.
"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to make you upset". He looked almost scared and she tried to keep the tears back unsuccessfully.
Rigth then he slided into the bench next to her and pulled her into his arms and she hid her face agains his shoulder crying her heart out, it was a long time ago she had allowed herself to cry like that.
He stroked her back and whispered sweet nothings. "It is going to be okay Sarah, all okay".
She began to regain a bit of self-control and suddenly she realised how good he smelled, she was used to Jerry who seldom showered, but just sprayed on cheap deodorant, Tom smelled clean, warm and masculine.
Sarah caught herself breathing in deeply, enjoying the scent of him and the relishing the feeling of his strong arms, she felt safe, sitting there so close to him.
But then she realised what Jerry would think and she was acutely aware that he was actually her boss and that her face rested just below his shoulder, her hands pressed into his stomach.
She pulled away and swallowed. "I am so sorry Tom it was unprofessional of me to cry like that".
"Bullocks Sarah, you looked like you needed it, do you feel a little better now ?" He looked at her friendly and she nodded with a small smile.
Then she realised that the waiter had been with their tea while she was crying and she got very embarrassed.
He slid out from her bench and back into his own place at the other side of the table, picking up his tea.
"Is their some sights I just have to go see while I am here ?" It was quite obvious he tried to change the subject to get her mind of things and she adored him for it.
She smiled at him. "Well it kind of dependents what you interestes are, but there is a lot of good places to go".
"Do you have any plans ? Because I kind of have the whole day of and I thought I might be able to talk you into being my private tour guide ?" He looked at her curiously.
"I don't have any plans, so why not". She smiled at him, she knew she should have said no, Jerry would explode but right now she almost didn't care.