"Have you talked to Tom at all ? Doesn't he get a say in this ?"

"Oh God Hayley, I am late.. My period.. I am almost a week late". Sarah was about to panic.
Hayley looked at her wide eyed. "Oh God Sarah, you are pregnant, we better go get a test to be sure".
They stopped at a apothecary on their way and picked up at box with three pregnancy tests, before going to Hayleys house.
Sarah were looking on the packet. "It says that it it best to do it in the morning, do you think I should wait ?"
"No, go take one now, if it is negative you can take a new one tomorrow morning just to be sure". Hayley shooed her into the bathroom, closing the door behind her.
Sarah felt dry in the mouth, she didn't want to know, but somehow she managed to pee on the stick and put it on the edge of the sink, while washing her hands, she breathes in deeply, then picked it up, looking at it.
5 minutes later she comes out the bathroom, panic written on her face and all three tests in her hand.
"Did you take all three of them Sarah ? What does they say ?" Hayley looked at her worriedly, Sarah just handed her the tests, slumping down into a chair, hiding her face in her hands.
Hayley looked at the tests , then she looked up at Sarah wide eyed. "What are you going to do Sarah ?"
She shook her head in a  panicked motion. "I don't know Hayley, I simply don't know".
"Well first of all you need to call Tom, he needs to know sweetie, this is his choice to". Hayley looked at her sternly.
"I already know how he feels, you heard him yourself, and he said the same thing last week, when we had a couple of friends over, they are trying to get pregnant, he doesn't want kids now". She said.
Hayley bit her lip. "But he migth change his mind Sarah, you know, now when it has happened, and what about you ? Are you ready ?"
"I haven't thought about it, I need space and time to think Hayley, if Tom calls please don't answer okay ?" She eyed her friend.
"I don't agree with the way you are doing this Sarah, but okay for now, but you can't continue to keep it from him for long". Hayley said a tad sharp.
Sarah stood up and went towards the guest room. "I know Hayley, I just need to sort it out in my head and find out what I want".
She threw herself on the bed, what was she to do ? Tom had made it pretty clear that he just wanted to be them and enjoy life for a while and she wasn't sure she were ready for kids either.
And after all their relationship was still pretty new, they had only dated for about 6 months and they were still on a bit of rocky ground, it wasn't the right time to start thinking about kids.
She knew she should call Tom, but it wasn't something she like to talk about over the phone and he had told her how he felt, he was also very busy with the play, he had more than enough to think about.
The next morning she called a midwife clinic and got a appointment the same day, Hayley was at work, but she actually preferred going alone.
She went in and got a scan, they also tested her blood, there were absolutely no doubt, she was pregnant and about 6 weeks along, she had made her decision.
Hayley had just arrived home from work when Sarah walked in the door, her head hanging.
"Sarah, how did it go ? What did they say ?" Hayley looked at her worriedly, she hadn't been able to think about anything else all day and she was very worried for her friend.
Sarah looked at her with resolve. "I am six weeks pregnant Hayley, but I can't keep it, it is just not the right time, I have an appointment for an abortion the day after tomorrow".
"Have you talked to Tom at all ? Doesn't he get a say in this ?" Hayley voice were getting a bit high.
"I know what he is going to say Hayley and he doesn't need more to worry about right now, I am doing this for him". Sarah voice were getting higher to.
Hayley were close to stamping her foot. "Sarah for Gods sake, you can't just do this and not even tell him, it is his child to damn it, he is a good guy Sarah, he will understand".
"I don't want to discuss it Hayley and I will never forgive you if you tell him anything". Sarah went to her room, slamming the door behind her.