"Please let me take care of this Sarah, let me talk to him ?"

Sarah sat up in bed, it was way to bright and she stared at her alarm clock, fuck it was supposed to ring am hour ago, why hadn't it ?
She flew out of bed and pulled some clothes on, pulling her hair up in a bun on her way out the door.
"I am so Sorry I am late, my alarm clock didn't ring". She came scrambling into Toms trailer only 15 minutes to late.
He looked up at her. "Don't worry darling, I don't have to be on set before in about an hour".
"I just hate being late, I don't understand what happened, Jerry must have put it of by accident". It dawned on her that it might not have been an accident.
"Sarah what on earth happened ?" He sounded almost scared, getting up and walking over to her.
She looks confused. "Nothing, I mean beside me sleeping an hour to long and getting here late".
He gently cups her chin and turns her face, looking intently at her, then saying. "To your cheek sweetie".
"My cheek ?" She grabbed her bag and pulled out a small hand mirror, looking at her cheek, she had a big bluish bruise where Jerry had hit her the night before.
She hadn't seen it because she had hurried out the door like that or else she would have tried covering it with make-up like the last time. "I.. I must have hit something".
"Sarah he hit you didn't he ?" He looked at her very seriously and she nodded slowly, to embarrassed to look into his eyes.
He closed his eye breathing in deeply. "Please let me take care of this Sarah, let me talk to him ?"
"No Tom, you can't do that, please it would only get much worse for me, it was my own fault for lying to him". She looked at him desperately.
"Sarah listen to me, it can never ever be your fault, do you get that ? No matter what you might do it is never okay to hit". He is stroking her unhurt cheek gently with one finger.
She leaned into his touch without thinking about it. "He wants me to quit my job".
He looked so sad, that it almost hurt her physically, then he said. "You are not doing that, are you ?"
"I told him I would get moved to another production, but he has no way of knowing what I do inside the studio". She shrugged lightly.
"I would seriously really like to kick his ass from here and into next week, but I don't want to cause you trouble or go against your will". He sighed.
She hugged him tightly. "Thank you Tom, it is going to be alright, it wont happen again".
He didn't really look like he believed her, but he didn't say anything, he took her down to make-up, making up a story that he had accidentally hit her with the trailer door.
They were really good, and after they had covered it up, no one would notice and she was grateful not having to deal with the looks and questions.
When she came home she told Jerry that she had been moved to assist the clippers and talked about how exciting it was and he seemed to believe her.