"You do know that talking like that is considered foreplay right ?"

"Well this is my place". They had just gotten out of the car in front of a nice looking town house in a cosy upper middle-class part of suburban London.
She looked around, the house looked like an quite ordinary big family home, nothing movie star like about it. "I love the house Tom".
He unlocked the door. "Just go inside sweetie, let me handle the bags, you can take a look around".
Sarah walked slowly into the house, while Tom went to the car to get their bags.
It was quite cosy and normally on the inside too, except from the living room, which had three of the walls floor to ceiling lined with books of all kinds.
"Well you really are a bit of a nerd sweetie, can't really get around that". She said grinning at him, putting her arms around his neck as he walked into the living-room.
He just smiled a bit goofy. "Well I don't think that can come as a surprise to anyone, but this is nothing, wait till you see my office".
He showed her around the house, it had a big bedroom with a en suite bathroom, a big kitchen with a dining area, an office, filled with hundreds of books, 3 spare rooms and 2 ekstra bathrooms.
When they walked outside, Sarah spotted his car. "Wow, that is a jaguar xj ?"
He looked at her with surprise written on his face, hen his mouth curled i to a sly smile. "Yes, I didn't realised you knew cars".
"I actually don't know much, but I dated a guy before Jerry who was car crazy, and he dreamed about getting one of these". She shrugged, letting her hand slide over the cars soft lines.
"508 horsepower right ? Supercharged v8 ? And a top speed of 155 mph ? Impressive". She smiled sweetly at him.
He grabbed her around the waist, pulling her into him. "You do now that talking like that is considered foreplay right ?"
She giggled and kissed him warmly. "Maybe later, when you have shown me the rest of the house".

3 weeks later
"Hey boys, dinner is ready, you coming ?" It was about three weeks later and Sarah stuck her head into the living-room.
Tom had a couple of friends over and they had been deeply into watching some tennis tournament literally all day. "Yeah okay baby, just two minutes, this games is almost over".
"Okay then, two minutes". She went back into the kitchen and finished up the last things before putting the food on the table.
Ten minutes later they were still in the living room and she breathed in deeply before sticking her head in again calling. "Last call guys or you will be eating your food cold".
There was a bit of complaints from the living-room, but at least they came into the kitchen.
At the table they talked about the tournamant and Sarah kind of felt left out, she knew they didn't mean to, but it still felt like that and it wasn't really nice.
She could get a bit annoyed when he was with his friends like this, because they were nearly not reachable for most of the day watching tennis, playing poker or going out and sometimes half the night too.
But she never let him see that it bothered her, she didn't want to be the nagging girlfriend that tried to change his life and that his friends hated.
"Thank you sweetie, it was really good, is it okay if we watch just a couple of more matches ?" He came over, kissing her softly.
She nodded. "Of course, go have you fun, I am going to clean up here and then I will go read for a bit I think".
And then they were gone, back to watch their game, Sarah sighed and cleaned the table, when she was done, she went in and threw herself on the bed.
It wasn't that Tom in any way had changed to be anything like Jerry, who had been closed and indifferent, no the problem was that he was to open and cared to much about everything, he just had so much going on that he ran out of time.
He was in the studio two days a week and he often had friends stopping by, as in almost every day, mostly for a short visit but 2-3 times a week it turned into all day watching tennis or going out or something else.
When they were together he was always very sweet and caring and she loved him very much, but she had started wondering if there were any real future in their relationship.
She sighed, he was such a nice and giving person, he wanted to help everyone and make everyone happy, but at the same time he was still just a big kid on the inside, and sometimes he just forgot about everything else and watched Tennis for 12 hours straight or was out doing something all day.
It wouldn't be fair to ask him not to see his friends as much or not to have his hobbies, but she felt that he somehow was putting a distance between them and it started wearing down their relationship.
Of course she hadn't expected it to be like in Scotland, where he had been away from home and they kind of only had each other, but still, she hadn't really expected this either.
Actually she had started thinking that this might have been what killed of his engagement, that his last girlfriend had expected him to turn into someone else when they got engaged and she had gotten disappointed.
Maybe she should call Hayley the next day for a real girl to girl talk, to get some fresh eyes on it all, because right now she wasn't sure she wanted to stay when her work leave expired.
She had thought their love and passion for each other would be enough to make this work, but she just wasn't sure she could stand to share that passion as much as she would have to, but she couldn't see how she could be without him either.