"Do I need to ask who you thought about choosing that song ?"

They were standig back outside the castle and Tom looked at her softly. "I would invite you out for dinner, if I didn't already know I would get a no".
"I have to get home, Jerry will be wondering where I am". She was biting her lip nervously.
"I know and it is perfectly okay Sarah". He said, his voice very low and she thought she heard a sad note in it.
She put her hand on his arm and smiled at him happily. "But I had a wonderful day Tom, thank you so much".
"The joy is all mine darling and you have been the guide, so I am the one thanking". He pulled her into a warm hug.
She got angry with herself, why did his scent and the warmth from his body send her pulse raising, he was just a friend, she gently freed herself from his arms. "See you tomorrow".
When she was about to walk of, he gently grabbed her arm. "Please give me your phone for a second Sarah".
"Okay". She wondered what he wanted with it, but she unlocked it and handed itnto him.
He was fiddling with it for a couple of moments and then gave it back. "Now you got my number, and you can always call or text me if there is anything, remember that, no matter what okay ?"
"Thank you Tom". She smiled gratefully, before hurrying to grab a taxi home, she needed to get back and make dinner for Jerry.

"Are you home Jerry ?" She had walked into the living-room, but it was empty, where the hell was Jerry ? Then she spotted a note on the table, he had gone to his friend Joel to play computer and she shouldn't wait up.
For just a moment she contemplated calling Tom, but that would definitely be stepping over the limit, that wouldn't be okay, she was engaged to Jerry.
But she didn't want to just sit home alone, so she texted Hayley and asked if she wanted to meet up at their favorite bar for a drink.
She didn't have to wait long before Hayley answered that she was game and could be there in an hour.
Sarah got a quick shower, then she pulled on her favorite dress, it had almost the same green colour as her eyes and just reached above her knees, the top was tight fitting, showing of her shapes.
She put on a simple make-up and let her hair fall down around her shoulders in soft waves.
"Hi Hayley, long time no see, you look amazing". Sarah hugged her friend, she envied her friends long long legs which came with her 6 foot frame and was topped of with long blonde hair.
Hayley hugged her back. "No you look amazing sweetie, you are practically gloving, it must be the new job".
"Well maybe, I am very happy for it, it is a great job". Sarah jumped up on the bar stool and ordered a drink.
"So nice of Jerry to let you out tonight it doesn't happen very often anymore, I can't wait to hear all the gossip and everything about that very hot man you spend your days with". She winked at her.
Sarah shook her head. "He wasn't at home when I got back, he is at a friends house playing computer, that usually takes half the night".
"Lovely, then you get a fun night out, instead of looking at that lump on the couch. But tell me, how is the job ? I saw Tom is back to being single, maybe you could introduce me". Hayley said with a smirk.
Sarah felt a stab of annoyance. "I don't really think he is ready for a new relationship this soon".
"Who said anything about a relationship ? But I bet he could use some female attention". She said with a coquettish grin.
Sarah bit back a negative answer, it was none of her business, she shouldn't care, she was with Jerry and she knew Hayley didn't mean any harm.
"But the job is great, I don't really do very much, it feels more like I am his friend than his assistant". Sarah said taking a sip of her drink.
"It has to be nice not being ordered about right ? Is it exciting being on set ?" Hayley asked curiously.
Sarah nodded. "It is super fun to be on set, but seriously I could never be an actress".
"But you are with Tom all the time then or how does this work ?" Hayley ordered a second round of drinks.
"Well yeah mostly, if he should need me, I actually even spent my day of today with him". Sarah said, trying to sound like it was nothing special.
Hayleys head snapped around, looking at her. "Sarah you naugthy girl, that doesn't sound like something Jerry would condone, please do tell".
Sarah sighed. "I was out for a walk and ran into him and he asked if I wanted to show him around, I couldn't really say no".
"Oh and where did you take him then ?" Hayley looked like she didn't entirely believe her explanation.
"We went to the zoo and then we had lunch at 'the gardeners' cottage', he had his puplicist get us a table". She smiled and took another sip of her drink, starting to feel the alcohol.
Hayley arched an eyebrow. "That sounds more like a date, than someone showing their boss around".
"Hayley ! You know I am engaged and by the way, he would never be interested in a plain Jane as me". She answered.
"Sweetie we need to do something about that confidence of yours, but did you do anything else ?" Hayley said.
Sarah blushed. "Well we might have gone to the top of the Scott monument, and he carried me some of the way and then we went up to the castle and maybe we danced in the grand ballroom to just the sound of his voice".
"Should I not tell you how much that sounds like something a couple in love would do". Hayley said with a small smile.
"I know, I know, when I say it out loud it sounds all wrong, but when it happened it just felt so natural and he has an amazing voice". Sarah knew she was blushing.
Hayley looked at her and nodded like she understod. "Okay, so it really is all his own voice when he sings in 'I saw the light' ?"
"Oh definitely, it actually sounds even better in real life". Sarah bid her lip and felt a chill, of the good kind, down her spine remembering the dance and his voice.
"Then you should call him and ask him to come down here, maybe we could get him to give a number". Hayley inclined her head towards the little karaoke stage.
Should she ? She had to admit she kind of wanted to, she kind of wanted to see him. "I can't do that Hayley".
"Then text him, tell him he can come by if he is bored". Hayley obviously really wanted to meet him.
That would be okay, wouldn't it, maybe he wanted to know the good bars as well and a text weren't so much an invitation, it was just being friendly.
Before she could change her mind, she pulled out her phone and wrote him a message, then she found his number and pressed send, regretting it right away.
Well if she was lucky he was probably gone to bed early and asleep and by the way, he probably didn't want to come anyway, she put the phone in her bag.
The karaoke started and the first singer took the stage, singing like a cat getting its tail pulled, making Sarah and Hayley laugh so hard the almost fell down from the chair.
"Please get up there Sarah, you are so much better". Hayley looked at her encouraging.
She shook her head. "Hayley you know I hate singing in public, I have to be much more drunk to do that, and by the way I don't have a very good voice".
"Rubbish Sarah, you happens to have a beautiful voice, you just have to believe in yourself and no one can be worse than that one". Hayley said.
Half an hour and a couple of drinks later and everyone that had been on stage had been more or less awful.
Hayley jumped down from her stool and grabbed Sarahs hand. "You are getting up there now and show how it is done or I am leaving".
Sarah let her talk her into it, the alcohol started to sway her judgement just a bit, she looked over the list of songs and suddenly one cought her eyes.
Hayley looked at her. "Do I need to ask who you thought about choosing that song ?"
Sarah just smiled apologetically and shrugged, there really was no reason to deny it.
Sarah went up on stage and the music to Hank Williams 'Hey good lookin' started playing, it was a fun song to sing, and the bar went quiet when she started.
She hadn't sung more than a couple of line, her eyes focused at the back of the room, before another voice joined with hers, a voice she knew, she turned her head and saw Tom walking towards her the other microphone in his hand.