Mandatory Neglect

Naruto and Garra hit the ground hard. Naruto on his stomach and Garra on his back. Both were breathing heavily.

"Friends?" Garra breathed out.

"We can...be...friends" Naruto affirmed huffing just as hard.

"Do you even know what that means?" Garra asked, Naruto let out a hollow chuckle.

"No, but we can find out together"

Then shikamaru and temari and kankuro came down. Shikamaru grabbed Naruto and temari grabbed Garra. Both left for their respective villages.

On the way back Shikamaru explained how Ino and Kakashi went to get Sakura and Sasuke. Sasuke had appearly passed out, so he didn't see Naruto and Kurama. Sakura had already been unconscious. After he was informed Naruto promptly passed out. The slightly ironic event caused Shikamaru to mutter his infamous "troublesome" as he took Naruto to the hospital.

-----

(This takes place AFTER Jiriya and Naruto get Tsunade, because it's the same thing. Their on their way home from the place)

Naruto was walking along the road to Konoha, behind Tsunade and Jiriya. Shizune was a bit in front of him. That last fight with Kabuto really took it out of him. He was told that Kabuto ripped some muscles in his heart, but he wouldn't let Tsunade check on him any further then required. He couldn't seem to breathe correctly, his breaths came out a bit short and harder then he wished. He felt winded.

Finally, they made it home. Naruto cheered up a bit and started jumping.

"Come on Baa-chan! You said you'd see him so come on!"Naruto yelled. And they went to see Lee. Once they got to Lee's room Naruto was shooed out, but he didn't mind that. Right now, he just wanted to go home and sleep.

Naruto walked in the room with Tsunade. He looked a little tired. Could you blame him though? The mussels around his heart were still torn a bit and it hurt...a lot! And practicing the Rasengon for a week straight took a toll on his hand. His hand was burnt with his own chakra, so Tsunade couldn't heal it. He knew that, so he didn't tell anyone.

When he walked into the room before Tsunade, he saw Sakura looking at the sleeping form of his best friend.

"Sakura, hey look! I found someone that'll heal Sasuke! She'll make him better!" Naruto said excitedly but a bit hoarsely. Sakura smiled a pained smile.

Tsunade healed Sasuke and he sat up. Naruto was off to the side, trying not to crash into the empty bed next to him to go to sleep. He was tired.

Sakura hugged Sasuke. Naruto was too dazed to notice Tsunade look at him. She came over and pushed him into the bed.

"Shizune." She said and said girl jumped a bit and came to attention. Her master gestured to the boy sitting on the bed. Shizune smirked a bit and Naruto groaned. Sakura was too busy with Sasuke to notice them, but Sasuke raised an eye brow.

"No baa-chan!" Naruto complained "I gotta show you to kaka-sensei and Bushy brows!" He retorted. Tsunade smirked.

"I'll manage." She said and left pulling the curtain between Naruto and Sasuke's bed closed. Naruto pouted and shizune giggled.

"You finally gonna tell me what's wrong." She giggled.

"What makes you think somethin's wrong?" Naruto asked.

"Oh Naruto, don't play dumb with me." Shizune scolded "you and I both know a week long of non-stop training AND a pretty fatal wound to the heart WILL cause fatigue." Shizune said and tonton oinked "even if that heals you quicker." She whispered.