Chapter 11

AN: Oh yeah I'm dedicating this chapter to Ecstatic97 because this person lost their mind last chapter :) I actually forgot I could dedicate chapters here. I will  be dedicating the following chapters to the ones who've commented and encouraged me the past chapters and of course also who would make me grin with their comments again on the following ones. Aight, onto the chapter, Happy reading!

--

Alex and Abby watched as the car containing Aubrey and her family drove away. Aubrey and her parents are going to Colorado to spend their summer there. It has been a tradition for the Dale's ever since the two can remember. They are used to it by now but it didn't mean that they aren't going to miss their best friend. It's the first week of summer, also the end of them being middle schoolers, when school starts the following school year, they'll be freshmen in High School.

"It's just going to be just us again this summer, I'm sure you'd bore me to death like you always do" Abby didn't mean that, but ever since she was a kid, she'd developed this sarcastic behavior. Where she got it from, nobody really knows. Abby's parents would always playfully blame each other on whom Abby got her sarcasm from.

"I'm actually going to go away for summer too" Alex answered seriously, Abby whipped her head to stare horrifically at her other best friend. "No!" Abby mumbled in disbelief. Alex then sported a cheeky grin, "gotcha!"

"You're a jerk!" Abby huffed and slapped the taller girl's shoulder. Alex is now a head taller than she and Aubrey. The taller girl giggled triumphantly, "you're always the mean one anyway, I can rarely get back at you. We're far from being even."

"I may be mean, sometimes-" Alex cut the blonde off, "you mean always"

"I'm mean, SOMETIMES," Abby reiterated, "but you're still a jerk!" Abby harrumphed like only a 14 year old girl could manage.

"If I'm a jerk, would I still give you this?" Alex raised the gold medal she took out from her pocket and dangled it in front of her best friend.

"What?" Abby asked confused. "I wanna give you this" Alex answered firmly

"But why? This is your first gold medal from a national competition" Abby asked in befuddlement, she knows how much Alex worked hard for that medal so she doesn't get why Alex would give it to her, something the blonde knows Alex treasures so much.

"Well yeah, which is why it's very important to me, and I want to give it to you" Alex grabbed Abby's hand and placed the medal on her hand. Abby gulped and looked away, then nodded. "Okay then, I'll keep it, until you get another one."

"Yeah, one day. I'll get so many gold medals from Olympics you're going to be swamped with them" Alex proudly stated, thumping her chest. "You're awfully optimistic, but I know how hard you work and I've seen you run a thousand times. I think you can actually do it" Abby returned her gaze at Alex and the taller girl beamed at her. Alex still sported her somehow still boyish grin, she never really got over her tomboy phase.

"Since you gave me your medal, I want to give you something in return. Like a good luck charm, something you can keep until you're competing in the Olympics. What do you want? I'll try to give it, if I can, if not, we'll find something else but if I give it to you. You must keep it well and take care of it so that it will last until we're adults" Abby said with a thoughtful look on her face, Alex absolutely loved that expression on her best friend's face.

"I dunno" Alex shrugged, "come on! I'm sure there's something you want, but nothing expensive. I've saved some of my allowance but I'm not going to spend it all for you" Abby insisted.