Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to sagittaire95 because of this person's regular votes and comments, Thank you :D

--

When the girls heard someone clear their throat, they separated from the hug. Alex gathered it was the cab driver and was trying to act like he's not getting impatient already. Alex rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly and handed the cab driver her fare.

"Drew and Aubrey?" Alex asked once the cab driver is happy and driving away to find a new passenger. "They decided to stay back at the apartment, probably fucking like bunnies" Abby muttered with a matching eye roll. Alex blushed, "they are on that level already?" Abby wondered.

"Oh you have no idea, they've started fucking since high school. And now they screw each other all the time." Abby just went on with it, probably because the only person she could complain about this are the ones already doing the do, having an outside ear is a refreshing one. "Yeah, your Blossom is a slut now" Abby added with a nod.

"And you?" Alex absentmindedly threw back, when she realized what she was asking she was going to apologize but Abby beat her to it, "what the fuck? No, I haven't slept with anyone yet" Abby harrumphed.

"Oh, well, me too" Alex mumbled shyly, Abby's head jerk to stare at the taller girl, nodded and remained silent for a few seconds to take in that information.

Abby used her head to gesture at the open car door, "We should probably head back, and well, we need to talk to Aubrey" Abby said and went back inside the car Drew provided, the driver didn't seem impatient at all, like that cab driver. Then again he's probably being paid handsomely.

Alex had to place her stuff in the trunk first before following inside, she sat next to Abby in the back seat. Silence surrounded them for a few seconds, no one knew what to say.

"How did you know I was here?" Alex asked a few minutes later, "Drew told me, she also provided this car and the driver" Abby answered.

Alex gulped when Drew came to topic, she still remembers what Abby told Aubrey back in the building's lobby, "so, Drew's a really good friend" Alex hedged.

"She's great but don't tell her that, I don't want her to think that I don't hate her" Abby chuckled, Alex felt her heart constrict. "You, you like her?" Alex asked, well, who knew Alex was a masochist?

"Who doesn't? I mean, she's an asshole on the outside but she's just a huge ball of mush in the inside" Abby replied nonchalantly, not aware of the effect her words are causing her companion. "What.. I mean, Aubrey is okay with this?" Alex's voice squeaked.

Abby frowned, "what do you-?"Abby stopped when she saw Alex's facial expression, then it dawned on her, "oh, no, no, no. I mean, what I said on that day? I was just saying that so Aubrey gets her shit together, I was also hoping by saying that she'd get rid of you in favor of Drew. Sorry about that by the way" Abby added.

Alex felt herself slump in utter relief, "so, you don't see Drew in a romantic way?" Alex needed to make sure.

"Nah, Drew's too much like me. I think we'd kill each other within an hour in each other's presence. She's like the annoying sibling everyone has, like, we can't stand each other but deep down we love each other, in a sibling type love, not romantic" Abby explained, Alex nodded in understanding. She felt so relieved to hear that, Abby also needed to make sure to Alex that she is in no way in love with anyone, well, not with Drew at least.

"I guess. I mean, you went on a date with that guy after all, you must like him then. Also, about that. I'm sorry about ruining your date" Alex scratched the back of her neck, but deep in a dark place in her mind, she's not really sorry.