Chapter 25

"Since we're temporarily banned from your shared apartment, would you like to go on a walk on the beach?" Alex offered, eyes shining with hope.

Abby, who was still glaring at the closed door, Alex wondered if the smaller woman is trying to set the door on fire, turned and directed those blazing eyes at her, her emerald eyes glinting dangerously.

"What?" Abby barked, Alex raised both hands in front of her, "I thought you might want to-"

"Yeah okay" Abby sighed, a disappointed look crossing her face but was gone in an instant, Alex wondered what caused the expression.

The drive to the nearest beach wasn't long, probably a quarter of an hour, Abby was not timing it.

They left their shoes in the car and then walked over to the sandy beach.

Abby was hoping for Alex to hold her hand or at least initiate some physical contact but nada, this is something that is getting on her nerves lately. All of the physical contact that has ever happened between them, it was her who always initiated it. Don't get her wrong, she has no problem in doing that, but sometimes when your partner never initiates in return, it gets under your skin, makes you question things.

Five minutes in and they haven't talked with each other yet so Abby decided to start the conversation, maybe ask some questions that she has wondered for a long time.

"So after all the shit storm that happened here many years ago. I didn't know where you moved, granted I never really wanted to know in the first place but that was before, you know, we reconciled and stuff. Now that I know you went to England, who took you in there? Did you have other relatives there or?" Abby queried, immediately going for the kill, it was just like her to directly go for the big ones.

Woah girl, so we're going for the 'let's just shove a ten inch big black cock in someone's ass without lubing,' huh? The parasite that was living inside Abby's head decided to voice out.

The fuck kind of reference is that? Look, I know that we were just subjected to Aubrey's weird kink, but really? Abby shot back, because it's healthy to have a conversation with yourself when you're supposed to be having an important conversation with another person.

"No, I don't have a living blood relative anymore. However, it turns out that my mother who was a British heiress, was left with a manor by my grandmother when she passed away. The inhabitants choosing to stay since the supposed master of the house never came to claim it, they are the ones who took me in.

I never knew about my mother's heritage because you already know that my mother passed away when I was very young, and I don't remember her really.

Don't misunderstand, my father had been open about my mother's memories and their relationship, but details about my mother's past before they became a couple and her family for that matter was never disclosed to me.

The current head of the house and my father became acquaintances over the years, it was borne out of necessity because with my mother gone, the manor will end up being passed to me when I turned eighteen. I was only made aware of this when I was living there, since I am eighteen now, I am the legitimate master of the house.

Anyway, once he was informed of my father's death he arranged for my move there, he was not the most welcoming person I've met but the people that was working with him, the ones who took care of me, they became my family." Alex explained, the inflection of her voice changed on some part, especially talking about her mom and dad but other than that she seemed okay, for the most part anyway.

Abby was not a fool, losing your entire family will definitely hurt, the pain will never go away, one just learns to cope with it better. But she also knew Alex didn't need anyone's pity. She was probably tired of hearing pitying words from people.