Chapter 19

AN: I'm really really sorry for the 7 hours lateness of this? Haha, anyway at least it's still the same day so I didn't break my daily update promise.

Anyway, this is dedicated to Perfectionisillusion because I spoiled this person's morning schedule as they like to read my updates before leaving the bed. Haha, sorry, and this is my peace offering. Also, I want to mention deathvalley1 who wanted a fist fight. Well, here's a fight for you, only for you *wink wink

--

"Don't spy on them!" Aubrey hissed at Drew when she saw her girlfriend walking away from the door overlooking the fountain, where she knew both where her two best friends are at.

Drew didn't respond, instead she swept her away and into the center of the grand hall for a dance. They danced sweetly with the music, but as much as she loved Hero, she preferred their song.

When the song ended, another followed. This one much faster, she grinned as did Drew. She took up Tango during the break between high school and college. Now, she and Drew would often dance Tango when they're alone and feeling playful.

They danced to the fast beat, swinging, and swaying and sliding. It was fun, by the end of the song, people clapped around them. She was still in a dip, her spine perfectly arched like a bow, Drew's face barely touching her cleavage. They stayed that way for a beat, and then they stood up and smiled at their audience, well Aubrey smiled, Drew was still staring at her lovely girlfriend.

Drew was disappointed when she was reminded of where they are. She couldn't help it, every time they dance, Tango in particular, it takes them into another place. As Tango leans on the more physical and sensual side of dancing, they usually end up making love after. Drew was hoping for that, however, she could not do that now in this place, not in a grand hall full of people. So now, you understand her disappointment.

When Aubrey saw her parents and Abby's parents clapping at them, she beamed and walked over to them. She hugged her parents first then Abby's. Drew shook hands with Aubrey's Dad but when she offered the same hand to Alice, she did not allow for just a shake and hugged Drew tightly.

"I didn't know you knew my goddaughter, Miss Goodwin" David greeted and shook hands with Drew. Drew chuckled, "Jesus David, you're here as my guest. The least you could do is to call me by my name" she winked, David chuckled.

This was the conversation that Abby and Alex heard as they walked over to them. David's eye widened when he saw Alex, he immediately walked over to her and hugged her as tight as he could. "Thank you, for everything" he whispered, almost teary eyed.

Alex hugged him just as tight, like she would do with her own father if he were here. "For my family" she whispered back.

Abby missed all of this because she was too busy staring in shock at Drew, "you?" she asked in disbelief. Drew shrugged.

Abby gave Drew a meaningful look and then left towards the restrooms. "What's wrong?" Aubrey asked Drew in confusion. Drew just smiled at her girlfriend lightly, "I'll tell you later, tell Alex where we went. I don't want her losing her shit again if she notices her princess is gone" she finished before following Abby.

When Drew entered the restroom, the first thing she heard from the smaller blonde woman was an exclamation of curses. "Jesus Crist! Drew, what the fuck?" Abby turned to her finally.

"What?" Drew asked in exasperation

"Don't what me! You're the one who hired my dad? Do we fucking look like a charity case to you?" Abby screamed.

Drew sighed, "don't be so over the top. Hiring your father was not an act of charity. Do you know your father's position before all went to shit? If Alexander was still alive, your father would've been the Vice President.