Chapter 23

AN: Just a disclaimer, Drew will be making statements about the bible that might offend someone, if so, please know that it was not my intention to do so. It is only a part of Drew's character.

There will also be a discussion between the couple that touches social topics and it's not meant to attack any one, if you have the view on what Aubrey will be speaking against, don't be offended, okay? Peace

---

Drew grumbled all the way back to their building, not believing her girlfriend and Abby ganged up on her. What's with the 'bros before hoes' anyway? That doesn't even make any sense, Aubrey and Abby are not bros and the implication that Drew is a whore pisses her off. Sure, she may have slept around prior to meeting her girlfriend but she never received any payment for sex.

Alex on the other hand had to be dropped off by the school campus because she had a class so it was just Drew who returned.

She didn't return to her penthouse, instead went to Aubrey and her roommate's place. No one was there obviously as the other two also have classes.

Drew went over to the bookshelf and decided to read something that isn't business related while waiting for her girlfriend and her best friend. Drew picked up a nondescript black leather bound book and sat on the sofa to start reading.

---

Aubrey rummaged inside her bag looking for her key card, that's when she heard giggling inside, "is that Drew?" Aubrey asked Abby beside her. Fearing that her girlfriend might have lost her mind because of what happened earlier.

"I think so, what's got her so happy though? I was actually expecting to find her throwing a tantrum once we returned, what a downer your girlfriend is" Abby answered

Once Aubrey found her key card she took it out of her bag and turned to her friend, "stop agitating her so much" Aubrey warned before opening the door.

"What's got you all happy there, bud?" Abby asked curiously

Drew turned to them, a smile that is the result of controlling ones laughter planted on her face.

"I found a parody of The Bible, it's so funny" Drew answered before raising the actual bible for them to see.

"Uh, Drew. That isn't a parody. That is the actual Bible" Aubrey clarified, a little worried how Drew made the conclusion that it was a parody.

"You're joking, right? There's a passage in Deuteronomy that says 'If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.' So you just rape someone and pay their fathers with fifty silver and all is good? What kind of lunatic would make a rape victim marry her attacker? Oh yay, the rapist could never divorce his rape victim, what a fucking punishment.

Here's another, 'If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.'

They are being punished not because of the rape but because another man's property which is said man's wife, because apparently, the husband owns the wife, has been violated? What is this, a rape victim is being punished for being raped because she did not scream or loud enough to get help? You are telling me that what I just read is an actual passage from the bible, a bible that is being used and followed by millions of people?