Chapter 20

AN: Since I was late yesterday, I'm updating early today :)

*Gasp* We're on chapter 20 now? Geez, that was fast.

I'm dedicating this chapter to the lovely _angelpretty_ who has recently changed her name, yes I noticed ;)

--

It was Monday morning, everyone's least favorite day. Abby has just woken up and saw Paige leaving for her class. She waved and gave a flying kiss to Paige, the brunette winked before closing the door.

"Good Morning" a voice greeted her from the living room, she jumped out of her skin and stared at a grinning Alex, comfortably seated on one of the sofas.

"What are you doing here so early?" Abby asked, she realized she must look like shit since she just woke up but didn't care. Alex saw her when she accidentally pooped in her pants back in second grade when she had suffered a bad case of diarrhea, Abby doesn't think she could ever outdo that embarrassing moment, ever.

"I uh, wanted to drive you to school and walk you to class" Alex answered shyly, Abby raised an eyebrow. "Well, couldn't you do that like, later? Dude, I just woke up" Abby answered, covering a yawn with her hand.

"I can join you for breakfast too, Drew called earlier and told me she couldn't cook for you guys and asked me if I could do that instead. She left early, but if I came at a bad time, I can wait for you at the parking lot?" Alex asked and stood from her sitting position.

Abby's eyes widened at the news, "oh shit! No cooked breakfast? Hell nah, you go get yourself back at the kitchen and make me a sandwich, woman" Abby quipped, Alex laughed.

"I can do better than just a sandwich" Alex winked, she was going to go to the kitchen when Abby saw the bouquet of Jasmine sitting on the coffee table.

Abby walked over to it and picked it up, "what the fuck is this?" Abby asked the taller girl. Alex suddenly looked nervous, when she bought the flowers she was hoping for a much more positive reaction from Abby, not this.

"Oh, Drew got that for Aubrey" Alex fibbed, shifting from foot to foot. Abby raised an eyebrow, "Drew must be dumb then because she wrote Abby on the card" Abby replied, hiding her amusement.

Alex's shoulders sagged, "I got them for you" Alex whispered, Abby's heart soared. "Then why not just tell me that?" Abby wondered.

"You looked mad, I thought you didn't want it." Alex answered staring cutely at Abby, Jesus, this woman will be the death of her. Abby smiled, "you do know that Jasmine stands for unconditional and eternal love, right?" Abby slowly asked.

Alex nodded, "I do" she answered in all seriousness. Abby gulped, "I.. Alex, this, fuck, what am I supposed to say to that?" Alex shrugged, "nothing, I just want you to know that it's what I feel for you. Back in Vegas, when we kissed. Everything felt right in my world again, if you kissed me because it was just one of those 'in the moment' thing, then I understand. No matter how painful that may be, but I needed to make sure you know what I feel for you.

I love you, I have loved you even when I didn't know what falling in love means. You're my first love and I know that you're the only person that I will love that way. If you cannot return my feelings, then I will take a step back and let you find someone who you can love, but I will always be with you, in whatever capacity you wish me to be" Alex poured her heart out.

Abby blew a breath and sat at the sofa, she suddenly felt weak. "That kiss meant a lot to me too, I kissed you because I wanted to, that was the only reason behind it, not because I was hurting or all that shit.