Chapter 13

Alex was grinning like an idiot as she watched Abby walk away from her so the blonde could pick up her kid brother. Alex feels like she could float at any moment because of how light and giddy she felt. She was going to call for their driver to pick her up when her cellphone rang, she looked down and saw her dad calling.

"Hey dad!" Alex almost screamed in utter joy, she can't wait to tell her dad about the news. "Hey Kid, listen, I need you to do something for me" her dad sounded so breathless, and he was whispering. Alex immediately knew something was wrong, "dad? What is it? Is there something wrong?"

"Yeah kid, and I need you to be brave, my young knight. Like you've always been" her dad's voice cracked, and Alex swallowed the lump in her throat. "Wha- what do you need, Dad?"

"Some bad guys took me, and they used my phone to call for your Bubble's dad. You have to stop him from coming over here, or they'll get him too. You understand me?" Her dad stated urgently, Alex was shaking and sweating at this point.

"What, what's going on, Dad? Who are these bad men?" Alex wiped at the tears running down her cheek, she has a bad feeling about this. She heard her dad sigh, followed by angry voices, "protect them, my brave child. I love you! Always remember that" Alex heard her dad's voice break, her dad was crying too.

"Hey! Where did you get that?!" a voice shouted from the other line, not her dad's voice, a loud bang followed and her dad's voice was no more.

"DAD! DAD! WHAT'S GOING ON?" Alex screamed at the clutched phone in her hand, "no, no, no, please, don't leave me. Dad please, talk to me" Alex begged hysterically, but she knew, deep in her gut that her Dad could no longer hear her. He'll never hear her again, not physically at least.

She'd screamed and cried from where she stood for the unfairness of it all, how could this happen? This was supposed to be the happiest day of her life. How could she lose her dad at the same day? She then remembered Abby and what her dad said about Abby's dad being in danger.

She panicked then, how was she going to stop him? What if he won't believe her? What if she stops him from going there and those bad men will find him still? What if they get to his family? To Abby?

Alex raised her head up in the sky and closed her eyes. She needed to be brave now, she can grieve later. She stared at the long road, took a long breath and ran like she was competing for the Olympics and let the wind wipe her tears for her.

When she got to her father's company, she walked over to the parking lot and used the exclusive elevator her dad uses. She placed the pin code, when the doors opened she went inside. The elevator took her straight to her dad's office, first, she went to her dad's private computer. Its security is top shelf, the only person who could access it is her dad and her.

Since last year, her dad had been training her, introducing her slowly to the company so she knows the going ins and outs of the company. She booted up the computer since this computer has an access to the main server of their security center. She then went to the security footages of the building and erased all footage the security cameras took that day.

After taking care of that, she went to the safe box, she knew the safe only contained her mom's diaries, her dad kept it here so he could read it when he feels particularly lonely. She took out her handkerchief, placed it over the dial on the safe and unlocked it. She made sure that everything she touched was covered by the handkerchief, she picked up the diaries and laid them down on the floor. She then wiped everything inside to remove everything that accumulated because of moisture inside the safe. She did this to make it appear that something was taken and someone purposely wiped the inside to erase traces of fingerprints.