Chapter 22

Drew has just gotten out of the room she currently uses as her temporary office for as long as she stayed here when she saw Alex lounging at the living room.

"Thank God! I thought you were going to stay there far longer" Alex stated once she saw Drew.

"I don't really subscribe to any religion so I don't see the point in you thanking a god for my existence but to each their own I guess" Drew replied and sat on the couch opposite the other woman.

"I meant-... never mind, anyway do you think it will be weird if I go and see Aubrey and Abby now?" Alex asked, her agitation obvious.

"Why would it be weird? You see them all the time, what is weird however is you acting this way" Drew pointed out.

"Well yeah but it's different now, they're like working" Alex replied

"On their school work?" Drew asked, confused.

"No! Car washing" Alex corrected

"What the hell are you blabbering on about? What car washing?"

"As in them washing cars to get paid" Alex answered, just as confused because she assumed Drew was aware of what she's talking about.

"I didn't know they took a part time job, why they chose car washing is beyond me" Drew was a little miffed about this new information she's now just finding out about.

"What? No it's not a part time job-"

"Then be more articulate will you because you are not making any sense at all!" Drew barked in irritation.

"Their sorority at this very moment is conducting a car wash in front of their sorority house, I don't really know why they're doing it. Aubrey hasn't told you this?" Alex wondered

"No she did not, and she does not need to inform me of everything she does. Why go for washing cars though? That's not very lucrative is it?"

Alex shrugged, "eh, I don't know. It could be, I mean college girls offering to wash your car, who wouldn't go for it?"

An image of the blondes wearing tiny bikini's washing a stranger's car with a soapy sponge popped up inside Drew's mind.

"No! Tell me this is not true!" Drew almost screamed, horrified.

"What is?" Alex tilted her head

"Of them wearing next to nothing, getting wet with water and covered with soap suds all over their bodies and rubbing it against a car with some pervert ogling at them" Drew was close to hyperventilating.

Alex blushed, "What?! Where did that even came from? They are wearing cheerleading outfit I believe-"

"Because wearing a skimpy cheerleading outfit makes so much of a difference!" Drew hollered, not caring that she's barking at the wrong tree.

"Well, I guess it does still show a lot of skin but, it's not like what you see in co-ed movies Drew, the car wash will not be, in any way, sexualized." Alex tried to reassure, key word being try.

"Is that so Griffin? You genuinely believe that this sorority came up with car washing to gain money by actually providing a decent job of washing cars? That the fact that these young women is dressed provocatively offering to wash cars has no effect in attracting patrons, at all?" Drew questioned with a calm façade.

Alex's shoulders sagged in reply, what Drew said was true after all. No one would really care about the actual result on how clean their cars after the car wash because people are going to drive up to them just to be able to ogle beautiful young women without receiving some type of backlash.