Chapter 2

~Ran's POV~

*Ding*

[Checkmate! You are Winner!]

"Ahhh!!! We finally did it Ren-chan!! We finally beat that stupid chess game!!" I said, releasing all the stiffness in my body as I stretched my arms.

"Yea... *huff* Finally..." Ren-chan said as he was breathing heavily, probably because of me leaning on his chest the whole time.

By the time we had finished that cursed chess game, it had already passed 25 minutes from when it initially started. Usually a chess game would end in 15 minutes, but this was long. We've already finished 12 chip bags, 9 boxes of pocky, 3 boxes of cookies, 2 Oreo boxes, 4 sodas, 7 other beverages. I gotta say, we eat a lot.

*ding*

______________________

To: [GameOver]
From: Unknown

Well done. If you're that good at games...

The world must be a tough place for you to live in, right?

______________________

*ding*

______________________

To: [GameOver]
From: Unknown

Is it fun?

Is it easy to live in?

______________________

Fun? Easy? Is he seriously asking me this? I look over at Ren-chan, and he nods. I write:

Fun? This world is like a game with no rules, with 7 billion players wandering around, not really knowing what to do. If you keep winning, you'll lose and if you keep losing, you'll lose.
It really is such a boring game...

We're sick of it.'

*ding*

______________________

To: [GameOver]
From: Unknown

If there was a world where simple games decided on everything...

A world on a board, where the rules and goal were clear,

What would you think about that?

_______________________

A world ruled by games, huh? I looked over at Ren, and he nodded. I typed,

'If there truly was such a world, that wouldn't be so boring right? Then...

We might've been born in the wrong world.'

Just as I entered and sent that, all the screens in our room started going haywire and flashing black dots all over the screen.

"Ehh?? Ren-chan, what's going on??" I yelled. I looked over to my side and I could tell he was scared too.

"Since you think your world is so boring, why don't you come to my world?" A mysterious voice said as our dark room started falling, as the ground fell, revealing a colorful world below.