Chapter 5.5

-Flashback-

It was when I was Ren-chan and I walked side-by-side each other, following an older, mature woman. That woman was our mother. She was a strict woman, she worked as an overseas businesswoman. Today was one of the days she came home, however, she would only talk to us for important matters. Other than that, she would never even glance at us. She told us to follow her, so we did. We followed her, having no idea where she's bringing us. By the time we were at the end of the seemingly never-ending white hallway, we came across two doors. Mother told each of us to go inside, separating Ren-chan and I. I took one last look at Ren-chan until Mother pushed me inside on of the doors.

It was a white room, with a white table and 2 white chairs in the middle. On the table, was a chess board, set for two people to play. I sat on the one chair, on the black side. I waited for awhile, until a kid who looked a few years older than me came into the room. He had a smile, a fake one, as he told the adults that were right behind him, what they wanted to hear. I watched him as he sat down right in front of me.

"My name's Sora. Wanna play chess with me?" He asked with a grin.

I simply nodded. I hated how he had such an arrogant grin on his face. He had challenged me, and he thinks he could win? Well no. Not in the name of Ran will he ever win. Ren-chan and I made a promise, and we're not gonna break it.

"My name's Ran. I accept your challenge."

•••

"Checkmate. Game over."