Chapter 12

~Dream/Flashback~

"Mother!! Look at the flower crown I made!! Isn't it pretty?!" The 3 year old me exclaimed as I showed mother the flower crown.

Mother simply glanced at me from her book, glared, then went back to reading.

I pouted, but eventually gave up and began making even more flower crowns.

Father walked into the backyard too, and saw me playing with the flowers.

"Ran." He spoke with a deep, seemingly-scary voice.

"Y-yes Father?" I stuttered as I stared at his narrowed eyes.

"Take care of him." He said as he shoved a baby into my arms.

"W-what's his name?" I asked.

"Ren." Father simply said as he turned to walk away, along with mother following behind him.

I looked at the baby. He looked like Father and I, with purplish-bluish eyes and hair. We both looked like mini versions of Father.

The baby giggled at me, as I tickled his face with my finger. I smiled, he gave out warmth, something I had never truly felt, living with my heartless, cold parents.

"Ren..." I whispered his name, glad to have a warm sibling to be with me in this cold family.

Little did I know that this "brother" of mine wasn't my brother...

~Dream/Flashback - Ran, 6 years old~

"Mother, I defeated the boy named, Sora." I said as Mother walked with Ren and I through the white hallways, going back home.

She simply ignored me, as if I wasn't there.

Ren waddled behind, being only 3 years old, he had to walk at least 3 steps whenever Mother had taken only one.

Although he was only 3 years old, he was one smart baby... And so was I.

"Mother, would you please slow down your pace, Ren is struggling to catch up with you." I asked with concern as I watched Ren walk.

"Onee-chan, I'm okay. I'm a big boy, after all!" He said with a grin.

I smiled, he got even cuter every year.

Yes, I had always taken care of him ever since Father had given him to me. I read many parenting books in the library at the mansion at home, all of which were very thick books. It took me awhile, but I had read all of them in a month, and was getting used to taking care of Ren. Although I was one smart 3 year old, Ren was a very smart baby too. He had learned things faster than any other baby could. He had learned how to speak by the age of 2. Ren was my pride and joy, my savior.

Once we went inside the mansion, into my room, mother turned around to face us.

"Pack." She ordered as she pointed at my closet of clothes.

"Why?" I asked, curiously filling me.

"You are now to live in another house, alone, along with Ren. I do not want to see you two anymore. You disgust me." She said simply as she glared at me.

My eyes widened, either due to the fact that mother had said she hated me, or that she had said more than one sentence to me in a day.

"Ran, I'll tell you a little secret." She said with a smirk as she bent over to my height and stared narrow eyed at me.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"You are not siblings with Ren."

.

.

.

______________________
A/n: OHHHH CLIFF HANGER!!!!!!! It took me awhile to come up with this genius idea. Was it worth the wait?