*Napkins Talk*

Saama ~ POV

After completing my presentation for Army Public School career day. I got up and stretch my limbs and walked around the room for some time to get rid of the stiffness in my legs. I have been feeling the symptoms of my disease again. I shake my head to stop thinking negatively. I should be positive...with good thoughts because good things happen when you think positive. I breathe in and out but the budding fear isn't subsiding.

I walk into the walk-in closet and change into black shalwar kameez with a soft pashmina shawl.

*************************

"You don't live in Pakistan, that's why you don't know... the mehndi trend that used to be only yellow has now changed into however you want.

I am ordering that floral peachy dress for you".

She clicks the order button and suddenly the noise of things breaking and tossing into various shapes grabs our attention.

I begin to move but Khadija motions me to sit back as she runs away from the noise in her studio.

I want to stop the noise and now their constant screaming at each other, when suddenly I.....got aware that I  can't feel my legs.......not one but this time both of them.

I struggle to move out of the chair but I fall down to the carpeted floor. I fist up my palm as I hit the carpeted ground in pain. My shawl falls down and I gather it up in frustration to toss it across the room.

My hair stuck out of my loose ponytail and I brushed them back as my fingers meet the beads of sweat across my forehead. I tie my strands again into a ponytail and take off my glasses as the tears had begun to blur my vision.

I crawl with my somewhat draining energy to Khadija's low bed. A bead of sweat goes down my spine and I feel hot on the coldest day of November. There is so much pain but I am holding it in because I have to. The tears of pain, struggle, and fear are pooling down my face.

After what seemed like a decade of struggle, I had managed to snuggle into Khadija's duvet and left her a note "I am sleepy so I am sleeping here".

*********************

I am awakened by this weird dream. I place my hand on my erratically beating heart.

It was a dream that I am running in my Nikah dress. I am running but I don't know where to in tears. With the back of my hand, I wipe the forming perspiration. I breathe in and out to calm my raging nerves.

I look over at the nightstand watch and it shows seven fifty in the evening which means I had slept for an hour. My fear was removed when I could feel my legs again. I move them around before standing up on them.

During my very late maghrib prayer, I realized that I was supposed to make dinner with Khadija.

It is more like I should start taking interest in cooking. And today, we are supposed to learn Chapli kebab. I folded the prayer mat and tie back my hair in a loose ponytail with my work eyeglasses.

I quickly make my way to the kitchen, where Khadija was chopping onions, and upon my approach

I quickly make my way to the kitchen, where Khadija was chopping onions, and upon my approach. She begins in a dramatic tone

"You didn't forget me".

And I reply back.

"Yes, darling...I have come only for you".

"Now chop the onions," she said as she hands me the knife.

The embed off my eyes and I sniff.

"Why are you crying? " she asked.

"These damn!!! Onions" I mouth.

"Shall I tell you an onion joke," Khadija asks.

I nod my head as in yes.

"What do you call a hobbit with a healthy appetite?"

"I don't know, onions lover," I said unsurely.

"Lord of the onion rings" she utters with immense proudness.

"Is that supposed to be funny?" I ask as I am still unable to digest her joke.

"Yeah" she wiggles her body and I burst out laughing. I placed the knife on the chopping board as I clench my now aching stomach.

"Now that's funny," I said in between my uncontrollable laughter.

"This is what you call a joke now".

We both burst into fits of laughter as we wiggle together.

Salam and Hello my beautiful readers...and of course my silent readers as well. I hope you all had a great start to the week.

I am genuinely happy because my book is getting a good response.

I dedicate this chap to everyone who is taking their precious time reading my book and voting and commenting for this book. I want to let each one of you know that I am truly obliged by the immense love that you are showing me.

Thank you :)

If you like it, please do leave ur votes
Messages
Comments
and anything else that I can improve as a writer
Behind.

Love u tonns♥♥

Until then stay happy and make others happy

Zooming out :) ♥ ♥