* Leftovers*

Saama ~ POV

The silence at the dining table is drawn out by Dad and Ali's Uncle's piercing voices as they settle themselves at the table. They begin to fill, their plates with food that the chef has prepared.

The chef has made my favorite food that including beef biryani with raita and shamee kebabs. It looks so delicious but it cannot bring my lost appetite back.

For the past four days, I have been in bed, running a high fever

For the past four days, I have been in bed, running a high fever. Finally, I have gained some strength to get up to walk around. Every limb of mine hurts to the bones and I still feel quite listless but I don't want to miss out on any fun in preparing for my wedding which is in a few days.

Everybody has forgotten what had happened and I am actually quite thankful, they are not pestering me with questions. I really don't remember what happened, just a bit where the blue eyes wink at me.

"Aunty, who are you making that plate for?" I asked as I see her filling plates with little of everything.

"This...Meri Jaan (my darling), is for your Zaabit Bhaiya," she said as she cups my cheek in a motherly gesture.

She ushers the maid to take it to his room.

"I will have my dinner at the table from now on" Zaabit's authoritative voice disrupts the atmosphere.

He takes the seat in front of me across the table and now I totally lost my appetite under his cold domineering presence.

I look up to see whether he is looking at me but ironically he isn't. He is eating the biryani with a stern look as if he is having a fight with it.

I notice the white bandage on his right hand until his wrist and I wonder how he got it...no... why should I even wonder that...ha so clumsy he is.

I look at my plate of biryani and kebab that is still untouched as I am feeling queasy again.

I look up at him and this brilliant idea spits in my head.

"Zaabit Bhai," I said loudly enough so that I could grab everyone and his attention.

Upon my voice, everybody and including him eyes me questioningly as they wait for me to proceed with my thoughts.

"Will...you...eat...my...food...of...plate.

You seem to have almost finished yours and there is none left in the serving pot" I enunciate each word as he eyes me with visible anger.

"I don't eat leftovers" he mutters as he makes a bite to continue what he is doing.

"Then you should start getting used to leftovers," I said and to which he didn't bother to reply.

I get up and scrap everything onto his plate as I know, he would remain calm due to his uncle's presence.

I look at Khadija and aunty for a reaction but they eye me to prepare myself for his wrath. I manage to give them a weak small fear, really embeds me to know that, he can hurt me again as he did once before.

"Saama".

Zaabit's voice snaps me from my train of thoughts as I find myself in a situation where he had been a while ago.

I look up at him and he eyes me to get ready for what is to come.

"Why don't I feed my little feeble sister with hands" he utters with definite sarcasm drifting off each word.

No...I shake my head as he makes a humongous bite purposely to avenge me. He brings his big filled spoon to my mouth.

I pursed my lips as he shoves the same spoon. He manages to get the spoonful into my mouth that I so wanted to avoid as I slap myself mentally to have landed myself into something that I should have thought of.

"Ma Sha Allah, Dekho(see) Zaboor...look at my Zaabit taking care of his little sister. They surely know, when to be there for each other in time of need" Ali Uncle said with pride visible in his tone.

He motions Zaabit to continue doing so and like a loser, I continue getting feeding from him.

Suddenly, Khadija gets up and tosses her plate into the washing basin with intent harshness as she looks at Zaabit with moist eyes.

As everyone disappears to their places, leaving me and Zaabit at the table.

I was taking the situation advantage to vanish from his heating gaze but the clattering of a spoon grabs my strings.

His sharp dark black eyes captor me in his black net. His clenched jaw tightens as he slides the plate with his injured hand towards me across the table that falls to the ground, shattering into pieces.