Falling Hands in Hands

Zaabit---POV

The glass cable car arrives and is stop at the bay. The guy beckoned us to get in. I have already convinced him that only three of us would ride it. We hop in quickly and I am the last one before the door seals away.

The ride starts off bumpy but quickly smoothed back.

Saama is hugging Hamza from the back as they awe at the scenery in front of their eyes. I watch them, thankful for the little distraction I could bestow.

Now I know, why she is hugging Hamza. It is because her hands are cold. She has somehow managed to put them in his jacket pockets. She kisses him and he looks at her distraughtly.

"Stop kissing me" he mulls annoyingly as he couldn't get the shot of us going into overlapping trees.

"I told you not to wear this type of clothes" he taunts her like a big brother.

I smile as I watch them exchange. Once upon a time, it used to be me and Khadija. I loved her so much, was always protecting. I would act like a sister, wearing her clothes, nail polish and jewellery.

Now where have we stood in life? She is on her own and I am alone. Sometimes I wish to tell her, let's forget about the estrangement and be like once we used to be.

Hamza pushes her off himself and pulls her toward my way. He then takes her hand and places it in my jacket pocket. And her hands falls into mine. I wrap her cold hands in mine. I couldn't contain my smile as she stands with me.

She is wearing black chiffon dress, dupatta dangling from her neck. And at the foot she is wearing fancy slippers.

She is insane.

This reminds me of the first time I met her last year. It was this cold and she came like a storm to disrupt the desire in me.

She winds her lashes to look at me. A smile playing at her lips.

"It's awkward" she begins.

"It is" I replied.

Hamza is unaware of what is happening in the hearts of ours. It's slowly merging with time. Our relation is progressing. I know she doesn't hate me but she also doesn't love me. There is that which is missing. The fact that she doesn't run away from me is an achievement. She is not scared of me. She shares her deepest thoughts with me. She is comfortable. I can't say she has started to liken me but to like somebody, the first phase is to be comfortable. Then the moments occurs naturally to look out for each other in the crowd of thoughts.

The ride comes to an end. We get ready to hop out, just as the cable car stops she pulls away but I grasp her hand and pulls her toward me to not to go. It is then, Hamza is left at the platform and screams at us for leaving him out.

"You did that purposely...you left him out?" she wails.

"Yes, I did because I wanted to spend time with alone" I said, emphasizing on the word alone by dragging it.

"Aren't we doing that?" she speaks.

"We are doing it now" I lip.

She gives up when she has nothing to say. The temperature rises and she starts to quiver. She is cold.

I opened up my jacket front and pulls her in for a warm hug. She lets out a gasp. She tries to break free but I hold her by the back so that she can't move. Once my warmness engulfs her, a thankful sigh leaves her mouth. I button up the few buttons of my jacket while she is with me too close to word it out. My skin flames where we touch and maybe somewhere she feels it also.