Coming Back for her Heart

Zaabit--- POV

I am about to knock on Saama bedroom when the maid stop me in action.

"Sir, could you please deliver this envelope to Saama madam" a small voice which is wavering in fear, this is the effect I have on people. My glare fixed on the shade of the door.

I turn about, the white envelope holds me by and I instantly reaches out to grasp it. Once it is in my hold, the maid disappears like a smoke.

I flip the envelope to see that it is from Australia, curiosity gets me to retreat my steps back to my room.

When I am back in my own space, my fingers neatly works its way around the envelope. I know for sure, it is from Soham because that is where he lives. Anything from him or his cannot reach her. She is finally forgetting him. I don't want him or anything that is connected with him to take her away.

I settle myself in the study chair, fear clasping my soul. I prayed endlessly to let my thoughts be just thoughts. That I am wrong.

I pull the papers out of it and my heart ceases when it is not what I was expecting. The papers are from hospital in Australia. Relief washes over. I scan the send documents when anger begin to settle in. She possibly can't be thinking of doing that.

Has she lost faith in the power of a heartfelt prayer? She has, which is why she has been planning to do that. This doesn't seem to be a work of one day rather years of scheming. A promise of many days to herself that she will do that when she dies.

Dies.

I can't imagine being apart from her in that way. We had been doing that all our life. She may have not felt it but I did. Every year, every day, every hour, every minute, and every second I had missed her. I had thought of her.

She wants to give away her heart. Her heart. That thing which I want to make mine. Always been doing. Working hard at it. And she wants to give that away, without me knowing it.

She has set her mind that she will do it once she stops breathing forever.

The papers states that they have found a receiver who matches her. They had also attached the personal information of that person and are waiting for a prompt response.

This is what you call karma, I can't believe it. Is this all dream if it is I would like to wake up soon?

Life has strange ways of pulling people together especially the ones that have left a glitch in your life.

The receiver Jasmine Khalid is Soham wife.

Soham is back in our life. In her life. The life that took us months to sort out is about to be distorted with just one blow. He is going to blow us in pain, leaving us deranged.

How can one person affect us so much...him going and coming like that shatters me to realize that I can do nothing to protect her from his murky shadow.

I put back the paper and sealed the envelope back to how it was. Upon composing myself, I put back the idea of giving her my journal to read.

Initially I thought if she reads me like a book to know everything about me in every way then she would understand me. This is not happening now though. My words won't affect her when she sees the patient partner name. My emotions won't leave a mark on her when she knows that he is coming back to get her heart for somebody else. He is only here to get her heart for his wife. The unfaithful person who abandon her the day she was sure to be not to be abandon. His retreating steps are to wrench her soul to titter bits.