You can run but you can't hide

Chapter 5

            Spending time at the mall with Megan was really fun. Got Starbucks walked around the mall talking about random stuff. "Lydia what are you going to do when this weekend is over are you going to keep staying at Nathan house or what? Because you are more than welcome to stay over at my house." I smiled at Megan. "Thank you I might actually take you up on that offer." A little bit later I see Liam and Nathan walking around with their friends. I pulled at Megan friend and we both changed directions and started walking really fast. "Hey Lydia! Did you really think you run away from us?" I stopped and turned around and let all of them walk up to us. A blonde girl was holding Nathan hand and was giving me a dirty look. "Why are we even looking at her?" said the blonde, I shot an answer straight back at her. "I can say the same thing back at you and who are you?" Liam jumped into the conversation. "This is Jade Nathan girlfriend." Before anything else happen she threw her drink right at me and Megan. Megan looked really pissed. "Dude! What the heck is your problem?" "Oh sorry I am such a klutz." I wanted to say something back right away but why can't my mouth open? Jade pulled my phone out of my hand dropped it on the ground and stepped on it. Again I am standing there frozen I am not capable of doing anything. Megan pulled me away and I am surprised that Liam nor Nathan didn't do anything for me.

              Megan and I sat near the water fountain in silent both of us had nothing to say, until I spoke up. "Hey Megan I am sorry about earlier I should of stood up for us and said something but I just stood there doing nothing to help us." She smiled at me. "Its okay its not you fault." Awhile later Megan took me home so I can avoid the boys. I come into their house and find Mrs. and Mr. Johnson in the living room. Mrs. Johnson looked up at me. "I thought you were out with the boys." I explain everything that happened today and she did not look happy with that story. "Yes, both boys popularly means a lot to them and I won't make to you get along with them, I can't even do that myself."

            For the rest of the afternoon I hung out in Nathan room finishing up some homework. Better to get it done now then later. Around 6:00 I was called down to dinner. The boys were even there too ugh why do they have to be? I sat down at the dinner table ate my food as fast as I could then put my plate in the sink and try to go upstairs. "Lydia, would like some deserts?" "No thanks I just going to get ready for bed." I snapped back. I walked halfway up the stairs and I overheard Mrs. Johnson yelling at the boys. "What is the matter with you boys! She is going through the toughest time ever and you let her get embarrassed at the mall! Her brother is gone and mom hates her and she has no one else to turn to! You two will buy her a new phone and go apologize to her later!" I quietly ran up the stairs.

           Later that night I see Nathan coming in the room and set a new phone right next to me. I picked it up and gave it back to him. "I don't need your pity." I turned my back against him so I don't have to look at his face. "Lydia, you know you are the worst liar I ever met." I turned around to face him this time. "Excuse me?"  "Yeah you are a bad Liar. You always have you attitude and never talk a lot, you tell us the reason why you are like that but what is the real reason? I know you are not mad that you mom hates you and that your brother left to college." Yeah Nathan was right and I hated that he know he is. "Fine your right but you wouldn't care about my personal stuff so you can go back to doing whatever you were doing." Nathan got off his bed and sat down next to me. "Go ahead try me." "I am not sad at the fact that Mason left I don't miss him as much as the fact that I am mad that he left without taking me with him. He was my best friend the only one who cared for me. Don't you just know the feeling where everything is a dream then reality kicks you right in the butt." "Yeah I do, life's been a dream but thanks to your mom she talked my family into moving to this state just so she would have someone to rely on when she doesn't have money." I didn't know my mom was like that. I knew she was careless but I never thought she would take things away from others. "I know your mom knows everything about my mom but why did she do it?" Nathan looked right in my eyes and whispered to me. "Because of you." He needed to explain no more all my life my mom did nothing for me my dad life and Mason was there for me but he can't be there 100% of the time. "Sorry" was all I could tell him. "Don't be now that I am looking back at this I'm glad what my mom did."  I looked back up at him, "I am going to miss you." He gave me a confused look. "What is that supposed to mean?" "It mean this talk we had was a dream. It was nice talking to the real you but when midnight struck Cinderella dream is over." I stood up and on my way to leave the room but when Nathan pulled me back. "Lydia..." I turned back around to face him. "And I know that the talk we just had won't leave this room. Right?" I didn't give him time to reply and I left the room right away.