"I love you"

Sam took me out to an Asian restaurant since I was in the mood for some Asian food. Turns out that Mason is at work covering for a friend and we will have to pick him up later.

    "Hey Sam, why did you and Mason buy a house? I mean after college Mason is coming back home to Georgia so you will just have the whole house to yourself." I asked him

        "Yeah Lydia about that, once Mason is done with college--"

      "Hello welcome to the Garden House! May I take your order?"

   Sam let me order what I wanted first before he order. Once our food came to the table I dug right into my food. Man, I am so hungry right now. I glanced up and looked at Sam and he was staring at me.

       "Can I help you?" I asked him.

    "You eat like a pig." He blurted out.

      "Aw thanks. You, my friend, really know how to charm a girl."

                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Thankfully after dinner Sam paid, like a gentlemen, we then had to go pick up Mason from work. On the way there I found out some new things about Sam. It turns out that Sam is 20 years old and he is majoring to be an engineer.

      I sat in the car while Sam voluntary went in the shop to go and get Mason. A couple of minutes has passed by and finally Sam came out of the shop with Mason. They were both coming out with ice cream, that's what took them so long. Sam handed me a vanilla ice cream cone, which I didn't hesitate to start eating.

        "So Lydia, I see that you have met Sam." said Mason. Wait-what? Mason said Sam? Oh my gosh I got it right!

      "Sam! That was really your name?" I shouted at him.

       "Lydia! That was your name! That was killing me all night." responded Sam.

    "Wait, so you guys hung out all night but never knew each other names?" asked Mason.

        "Long story.." I told him.

                                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It took around 5 minutes to get back to their house and by then I already finished my ice cream cone, sad story but true.

     All of us did whatever we needed to do to get ready for bed, and then all met in the living to hang out and talk..

      "So Mason I know this is way too early to think about since you are only a freshman in college but when you come back home should we both rent out an apartment together?" I asked him. Both Mason and Sam faces dropped, and then Sam stood up.

      "Well I will be in my room if anybody needs me. You two should really have a talk now." And with that he walked away. I turned over to Mason, curious..

      "Lydia I have been trying to tell you this and I don't want to ruin your trip but, there is no coming home for me." I didn't say anything yet or react, I just let him continue.

     "I found an internship job and when I graduate college I have a for sure a spot. But if I come back home we don't know if I will ever find a job."

   I am still remaining calm which is a bit unusual for me. "But you will still come and visit me right?" I asked him hoping that he will say yes.