Chapter 19 Winter Formal :)

Lydia POV

Yesterday was the longest day ever it took forever to find a perfect dress that Megan and I both liked. Megan got a simple purple dress that was knee-length and strapless, while I got a high-low light blue dress that was also pretty simple and yet nice. The formal didn't start till 6:00 so my plan was to have Megan over a 5 and meet up with the guys around 6 and be at the formal by 6:20 or something like that. But since I now I have time to kill I decided to talk a walk.

I have never realized how quiet my neighborhood is, but I kind of like it. I wondered around the area for a while and before I knew it, I ran into someone and fell to the ground. I saw a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me up. I looked up at the person... Oh its Nathan. "Um thanks?" I said to him and god, he is shirtless. "Yeah you might want to watch where you are walking next time." he said. "Not to be mean or anything but why are you out running?" "Well if you haven't noticed I am on the football team and I have to stay in shape year around." he winked at me. Ugh why does he keep on winking or is he twitching and I should not probably say anything. "Oh yeah I forgot that you are on the football team..." Nathan raised his eyebrow at me and gave me a confused looked. "I am the team captain and don't worry next time we have a game I will bring you along and have you wear my jersey." "Should I be happy for that?" I asked. Nathan laugh and started to run again. "See you tonight Lydia."

Megan just came over to get ready to the formal. While I was curling her hair I thought it be the chance to ask about her and Liam. "So Megan, are you and Liam dating yet?" "Well we would of dated.....but no" I almost dropped the hair curler on my foot, what does she mean by when they would of dated? "What does that mean?" It was silent for a little bit, now I have to know what happened between the two of them. Megan took and deep breath and started to talk. "Well the night when Emmett came over to your house, well since I was still at the restaurant with Liam. He asked me out at that moment" My eyes popped out of my head and I waited for her to talk again. "I wanted to say yes, but then I didn't really know him a lot even though we hung out almost everyday at lunch. I still have a feeling dating him would be a waste of time and what's the rush?" Megan did have a point and if Liam really wanted Megan then he would of done something about that a long time ago.

I was standing in front the mirror staring at my dress, Megan added makeup on me which made no differences what-so-ever and curled the tips of my hair. Megan looked really great too, her dress really match her and she just looked perfect. We both looked and each other and said, "Lets go."

We both walked over to Nathan house which was across the street thank god for that and we rang the doorbell. Mrs. Johnson was the one who opened the door with a big smile on her face. "Aw you two girls look amazing." I smiled at her and then noticed Nathan walking into the room. I gave him a small smile but he did not seem to notice, he was still staring at everything but my eyes. "You look beautiful." he said with a smile. "And you don't look to bad yourself." I said to him. I looked back over a Megan but she was to busy staring at Liam while he was doing the same thing back at her. They would make such a cute couple. Nathan arm snake around my waist and he smiled at me. "Ready to go?" I smiled and nodded back.

We got to school around 6:30 and it was already crowded. I don't think I will be enjoying this evening. Once we entered the building, my eyes were blinded from all of the bright lights and all of the sparkle the girls were wearing. I looked over to Nathan and asked him a question. "Can you please hold my phone in your pocket?" Nathan started to chuckled at me, "You have to be the first girl to say that at a school dance." Rolling my eyes at Nathan I answered him back. "Well you see I need my phone and I don't want to hold it in my hands since I have no pocket. Also I am pretty sure there are other girls in the world that would asked their date the same question." I handed Nathan my phone and he put the phone in his pocket. I finally took the time to notice my surroundings and I must admit it looked really cool. There was snowflakes hanging above the ceiling, with blue lights shining everywhere and stringers hanging everywhere.

The whole time at dance I was bored out of my mind I was sitting at the table with Nathan, Liam, Megan. None of us wanted to dance and so we shall not. Nathan and Liam were talking to people who passed by and I was playing paper football with Megan. We are so not social, but there is nothing wrong with playing paper football. Just as I was flick the paper to the field goal aka Megan hands, Nathan screamed, "Miss!" and so I did. I have no idea where that piece of paper went, I looked over a Nathan to give him a glare. "Don't you have anything better to do?" "Nope and don't you have anything better to do then play paper football with Megan?" Now I am getting quite a bit irritated. "No I do not! I am bored out of my mind and I will never go to a freaking school dance again." A smiled started to form on Nathan face. "Want to get out of here?" The corner of my mouth slightly turned up and I glanced over at Megan but she was already talking with Liam. I nodded at Nathan and we both stood up and left the gym.

Once I got into Nathan car I looked over at him. "So where are we going?" "To a place most likely in this state." I rolled my eyes at hm. "Oh who knew?" Nathan chuckled at me and said, "Don't worry its a place I just want to show you." The ride wasn't that long since Nathan took me to the café. "What are we doing here?" "Lydia tell me, have you ever spent the time to explore the café?" I didn't say anything back but shook my head at him. I followed him into the back of the café and there was a random staircase that I have never seemed to noticed. He didn't say anything so I just followed him up the stairs. Once we got to the top it turns out that the stairs led us up into the roof. The view was breathtaking you can see the whole city from up and there is the big fat moon just in the perfect spot. "Nathan I can see my phone real quick?" Nathan handed my phone over to me and I took a picture of the view. Nathan then pulled me to his side, wrapped his arm around me, and took my phone out of my hands. "I want to remember this night." and with that he snapped a picture of us.

For the rest of the night I was in Nathan arms as we just stared off into space. "Thanks for taking me to the dance so Megan and Liam could go together." I said to Nathan. Nathan titled my head towards him so I would be looking at him. "What if that wasn't the only reason that I asked you to the formal?" I gave him a confused look, "Then what was the other reason for you to ask me out?" It was quite for a moment before Nathan answered me back. "This." then he slowly leaned towards me then I realized he was going to kiss me. When his lips touched my lips, the only thing I did was I kissed him back. This was one heck of a night but yet....fun

Later that night Nathan dropped me off at my house and walked me to the front door. "Thanks for tonight." I said with a smile on my face. Nathan then stepped closer to me kissed me on my cheek. "Anytime." and with that he walked away. Does this mean he likes me now?

Shout out to Double_it