8. The Ones You Love

Cait -

God CC is embarrassing. Practically everything he says to me makes me blush. The billion times I imagined meeting and talking to the guys, it had always been Ashley who said the inappropriate stuff. Of course, not all of my embarrassment is CC’s fault... Aniissa is to blame for some of it. It seems that people have fun making me blush and be awkward. I have to admit, I blush at everything, even when I’m not really embarrassed. I find it difficult to get to sleep that night... In the morning, and after a few hours of rest, I get up and start pacing around the couches. I’m actually dreading going to get my stuff. I have no idea what to expect. I wonder if my cats will remember me... I laugh at the stupid thought and continue pacing.

“Can you stop that you’re making me dizzy.” Ashley’s voice comes from behind me and I spin around.

“When did you get here?!” I almost shout at him. Yeah, I was a bit surprised.

"I've been here the whole time," he says, "I'm a little surprised you didn't see me."

"I didn't get much sleep." I grumble and plop myself down on the floor. I lie back and look up at the roof of the bus.

Ashley looks down at me and cocks his head to the side slightly. "Are you alright?" he asks.

I shrug and roll over so that I'm on my stomach. I say, out loud, that the floor smells funny and Ashley chuckles. I flail out with my foot, trying and failing to give him a friendly kick.

I roll over again and look up at him. He isn’t wearing his war paint anymore and looks very comfortable in his PJ’s.

“I don’t want to go get my stuff,” I whisper.

Ashley sits down next to me as I lift myself up onto my elbows. “It’ll be fine. You said your parents won’t be there.”

“They shouldn’t be... But what if they come home early? Or what if my brother decides to drop in?” Whenever I think too much about stuff like this, my brain hurts.

“Don’t worry about it,” Ashley smiles reassuringly at me and I sit all the way up. I look down at what I’m wearing. The massive, stretched shirt of Andy’s suddenly seems very... See-through and I blush.

“I think I’ll go chuck on yesterday’s clothes.” I say and start to stand up.

“You’ll what?” Ashley asks, sounding very confused.

“Chuck on some- Oh, I mean put some clothes on.” I say smiling. It’s funny when people don’t understand what you’re saying.

“I’ve never heard anyone say that before....” He bursts out laughing and I leave him there, rolling around on the floor.

After a not entirely satisfying breakfast we drive the truck back to the club. Sammi and Jinxx leave the bus to go search for a car.

“We shouldn’t split up.” Jake says, “Splitting up always ends badly.” He’s been a little jumpy ever since he went to go get Aniissa.

“I know right? In all those horror movies, when they’re in a creepy house or something, you know one of them is going to die as soon as someone says to split up. It makes me want to scream at the characters.” Aniissasays and we all nod in agreement.

After a little while, Jinxx calls up to us, announcing that they found a car for us. We check it out and agree that only a few of us should go to my place.

“Even though, as Jake said, it is usually a bad idea to split up,” CC nods to Jake, “I think in this case, it would be safer than all of us going along.”