12. Kisses and Demons

Ashley -

I don't even remember her name. Is it Mary? Marie? I have no idea. I have a feeling I know why she's upset. I was probably drunk so I don't remember anything.  She stormed into my apartment. How the fuck did she find me?!
"Did it mean nothing to you?" She asks, her face bright red with fury.
"It probably meant something at the time..." I take a few steps back as she picks up an object and lobs it at me. I duck and the random wooden thing just misses my head.
"You heartless bastard!"
"What was it supposed to mean?" Surprisingly, this has never happened to me before. I usually get away with stuff like this.
"It was supposed to mean... Like, a commitment!" she screams and throws something else at me.
"Yeah? Well that's not going to happen..." Geeez this is so fucking awkward.
"Why not?" She falls quiet. Does she really like me? Maybe she's just a creepy fan girl...
"Because... Because..." Think Ash! Think! "Because I have a girlfriend!" Wait... What did I just say? Why the hell did I say that? I don't have a girlfriend!
"Who is she?" Mary/Marie sniffs, picking up something else to throw.
I look around helplessly.
"Ashley are you okay?" Cait's voice floats into the room and I hear footsteps coming closer. Aniissa, Cait and Sammi barge into the room.
Cait's hair is the first thing I notice. Sammi obviously had a bit of fun with hair dye. The next thing I notice is the tingling feeling in my stomach. Then, an idea forms in my head. I turn back to the creepy blonde girl as she lifts her arm up to toss the glass in her hand.
"Her!" I shout, gesturing to Cait. "She's my girlfriend!"
The girl frowns and looks at Cait who is frozen in surprise. "Prove it!" she says folding her arms across her chest. I can see why I slept with her...
I stare at Cait. The look in her eyes is something close to horror. I take a deep breath and walk over to her. 
"Ashley? What are you doing?" She asks quietly. 
I don't answer her. I take another step closer, put my hand under her chin, lifting her head up and leaning forward. I close my eyes and move my hand behind her head, placing my other hand around her waist. 
She freezes as our lips touch, but soon relaxes and returns the kiss. Her reaction is not what I expected. I thought she would push me away. Instead, she grabs my arm with one hand and puts her other hand behind my head, tangling her fingers in my hair.
My own reaction is also unexpected.  I'm used to distancing myself from whoever I'm kissing. Usually it’s meaningless. This time? Not so much. My stomach is doing backflips and my heart seems as if it will pound it's way out of my chest.  When I pull away, I can feel everyone's attention on me. Cait is staring at me, still holding onto my arm. She's out of breath and blushing furiously.
I hear Marie - yes, that was her name - smash the glass she had been holding and storm from my apartment. I don't watch her as she goes. Cait's eyes are much more interesting than some blonde slut I had sex with God knows how long ago.
"Ashley, why did you just kiss me?" her voice is little more than a whisper and the question draws my attention to her lips. Her perfect lips...
Without thinking, I kiss her again. Just a short kiss this time, but one that sends the butterflies in my stomach crazy.
As I pull back, I take a deep, shaky breath. 
Cait giggles quietly and looks down at her toes before giving me a little peck on my cheek. 
I wrap my arms around her and hug her. I'm so confused right now. Since when did I feel this way about Cait? Since when did I feel this way about anyone?
"Damn it Ashley! We thought you were in trouble!" Sammi throws her hands up and collapses onto my couch.
I look at her, all wide eyed and innocent. "I was in trouble! That crazy bitch was going to kill me!"
Aniissa snorts and tells me that I need to man up.
"Yeah Ash," Cait moves away from me and grins. "You need to grow some balls.
I resist the urge to say the first thing that pops into my head and just roll my eyes at her.
"I know a few people who are going to be grumpy that they had to drag their asses over here..." Sammi says as the door to my apartment opens and Andy, Jinxx, CC and Jake run in.
When they come into sight, Sammi throws her arms around Jinxx and whispers something in his ear.
Jinxx looks from me to Cait and back to me. His mouth makes a little ‘O’ shape and his gaze continuously flickers between us.
“So, what are we doing here?” Andy asks Aniissa, completely ignoring Jinxx’s reaction to whatever Sammi told him.
“Cait thought Ashley was in trouble,” she says and everyone turns to me.
“For God’s sake! I was in trouble! She was throwing dangerous objects at me!”
Aniissa rolls her eyes at me. “I think he used that blond chick as an excuse to kiss Cait,” she mumbles and I can feel my cheeks burn.
“Cait? Ashley? Can I talk to you?” Sammi sounds as if she’s going to explode. She grabs hold of the sleeve of Cait’s jacket and starts dragging her into my bedroom.
Jinxx pats me on the back and urges me to follow.
“Thanks guys!” I hear Aniissa call out.
“Well, I’m going back to Ella,” Jake says as he leaves.
“Have fun with that.” Aniissa’s voice fades as I enter my bedroom and Sammi closes the door behind me.

Andy -