21. Bring Him Back

Jinxx - 

Dead. That's what she said. I heard her...

Everyone is quiet. 

Cait is crying silently.

Aniissa is gone.

Ashley is dead.

This is worse than when I thought Andy and Aniissa were dead. I saw this happen. I know that he's dead and he isn't coming back.

Sammi buries her head between my neck and shoulder and hold her tight, stroking her hair.

"Come back!" Cait shouts. "Bring him back! Why can't you just bring him back!?"

CC sits down on the ground next to me. He glances up at me and I see the shining of tears in his eyes.

I feel sick. Couldn't Cait have just healed him?

Andy puts a hand on Cait's shoulder and she looks up from Ashley's lifeless body.

She wipes her eyes on the sleeve of her jacket and rests Ash's head on the ground. She stands up and dusts off her knees, looking around at us. "Does anyone want to help me out?" she asks quietly.

"With what?" Jake mumbles, his eyes slightly glazed over.

"I'm going to bring him back." She's dead serious.

"Caity… You can't do that honey," Sammi says kindly. She turns and shuts her mouth when she sees the look on Cait's face.

"Don't call me that!" Cait snaps and Sammi flinches. "I can do it! Is anyone going to help me or not!?"

We're all silent. Poor Cait…

CC starts picking at the ground, avoiding everyone's eyes.

"Fine! I'll go find someone else!" With that, she stalks off, turning a corner and disappearing from sight.

"We should stop her," CC whispers, but I can hear him. "She's going to do something stupid."

I nod at let my arms fall from around Sammi. I go over to Andy and crouch down beside him. "What are we going to do?" I ask, though I don't know what makes me think that Andy would have any more of an idea than the rest of us.

"Well, we're going to have to cancel the rest of the tour," he says calmly and I almost laugh.

I forgot about the tour… I forgot about everything normal in my life to be honest...

"How am I supposed to know Jinxx?" He asks quietly.

"I don't know…" I shake my head.

"Jinxx can I talk to you?" Jake's voice is in my ear. I didn't hear him walk up to me...

I get to my feet and follow after him. We walk away from the others so that we can't be heard. "What is it?"

"Anniisa's gone Jinxx. That is not a good thing! That is a very bad thing!!"

"How...?"

"Dude, she's wrong! It's so obvious!"

I admit she's a little strange... But who wouldn't be with all this shit going on? "What do you mean?"

"The guy who punched me in the eye said that there's someone in our little group that we shouldn't trust. He said that someone else was trying to keep us from the statue."

"And you think that someone else is Aniissa?"

He throws his hands up in the air. "Well who else would it be?!"