chapter twelve

Once Olivia noticed Jackson, she walked up to him. Even though they were in a fight, Olivia had decided it would be cruel to go with Jackson to the formal considering he just dumped her sister. Even if it was just friends.

"Jackson, I think I'm going to have to raincheck on the formal."

"Why? What happened?"

"Its just- I don't feel right going, even as friends. Lydia is my sister and as much as I'm mad at her right now, It just isn't right to go with with my sister's ex boyfriend right after they broke up."

"Lydia did it."

"What?"

"Yeah, a cute days after we broke up, she came right over to me. I told her I didn't want anything yet though."

"Wow. Whatever, it was a mutual breakup between us, it's different for her."

"I guess I can expect your decision. Just know, it's gonna be a hell of a lot less fun without you there with me." He smirked, walking away.

Olivia playfully rolled her eyes, making her way over to her next class.

LATER that day, Allison approached Olivia, a weird expression on her face.

"Hey Olivia."

"Yeah?"

"Jackson asked me to the formal today. What happened? I thought you two were going?"

"It didn't feel right."

"We're only going as friends though, I'm not ready to get back out there. Jackson also made that pretty clear. It was weird though, he looked kind of spooked when he asked me."

"That's interesting."

"Yeah, hey- Lydia and I are going dress shopping today, you should come."

"I feel like that would be awkward. We still haven't talked."

"Please come."

"Uh... Okay, fine."

"Great! I'll pick you up later."

...

As Olivia, Lydia, and Allison walked through the woods, an awkward silence was upon them. The only one sparking conversation was Allison until Lydia finally asked, "Allison when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was inspecting."

"Before I forget, I wanted to ask you if you were okay with something. Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

"Did he?"

"Yeah. Just as friends. But I wanted to make sure you're okay with it first."

"Sure. As long as its just friends."

"Well, yeah I mean... It's not like I would take him into the coach's office during the lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything."

"Allison. I thought we were over this."

Lydia looked at him both with wide eyes.

"I know, we are. Its just, you din't exactly pull away at first."

"I was in shock. I didn't except that at all and I apologized, and I'm also buying you your dress."

"I know. Just wanted to clear it up."

"Well, I'm glad it is." Olivia sighed

Allison took out a box and arrow, screwing an odd looking arrowhead on.

"What does that do?"

"We're about to find out."

Allison shot the arrow, it spiraling through the air until it hit the tree, creating a small explosion. All three girls flinched at the noise it made.

"What the hell was that?"

"I don't know."

"So anymore lethal weapons you want to try out?"

As a twig snapped, Olivia shot her head over to where it came from.

"The hell?" she furrowed her brows

"Hold this." Allison gave the bow to Lydia after a few more snaps were heard.

"Why?"

"Because I thought I heard something."

"So what if you heard something?"

"So, I want to find out what that something is. Don't worry, it's probably nothing."

"Well what if that nothing is something and that something is something dangerous?"

"Shoot it."

Lydia looked at the bow in her hands, gulping. Olivia rolled her eyes grabbing the weapon. "Give me that."

"I know we aren't talking right now, but you should know that Jackson asked me to the formal earlier."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, um- at first I was gonna go with him, but then I decided it wasn't right and called it off. He asked Allison after that."

"As friends?"

"Well, when I asked him that he said either..."

"Oh." Lydia was holding a straight face, but Olivia could tell she was holding back.

"Alright, glad I got that cleared up."

...

Short chapter, but next chapter is formality and we all know shit is about to go down