CHAPTER VII

At fifty-six, his mother still looked as good as she was when she was twenty-five. Harrison watched her now as she moved around with the maids and set the table. Dressed in a shirt and blue pleated skirt, she stood and ordered where every plate and glass cup should be placed.

"You look more beautiful every day."

Hearing his voice made her turn around and give him the smile he appreciated so much. "You are here," she beamed and smiled before pulling him into a quick hug and shooing him to his seat at the table, "I prepared dinner for us today because I was in a good mood but don't get too used to it."

Harrison laughed and spread the napkin over his lap while waiting for the maids to fill his plate up with Stuffed Chicken Rolls. The smell wafted into his nose, and his stomach growled in response. "It looks delicious."

Another smile was thrown at him before his mother motioned for his aunt to sit at the table. They closed their eyes and uttered a small prayer over their food, then they began to eat.

"I noticed you talking to an elegant young woman after church today. I have this nagging feeling that I have seen her somewhere before, but I can't place her face. I have been at it since this morning. Is she a client?"

He nodded, and his shoulders bounced with his laughter, "No, she isn't a client. From what I know about her, she would not be a client even in my wildest dreams." He lifted one piece of his chicken roll to his lips, but he didn't eat. "She is Cassandra Hernandez, the woman who wiped her ass with dad's company."

His aunt turned wide eyes his way and tapped his hand lightly, "Watch your mouth, young man."

Harrison sighed and shoved the chicken roll in his mouth. He grinned at her, deliberately holding her gaze as he took another bite of the food. His mother only watched them and laughed, cutting into her own plate of chicken.

"Oh Flora I see that you have not quite accepted the fact that our boy has a loose tongue," his mother pushed a roll into her mouth. When she was done chewing, she continued, "I hope you were not arguing about business?"

"No, we were not. We were familiarizing ourselves with one another. I met her mother as well, a charming woman. She was in higher spirits than the daughter. "

She nodded, and then he heard her fork clatter as it hit her plate, "Well, I prepared this food today as a way to soften you up and as a bribe."

His eyebrows went up, "Bribe? Since when does Emilia Clark have to use her delicious food to bribe her son?"

"Don't make light of it silly boy. Anyway, I was going to ask if you and we could go out tomorrow. It has been a while since you took up the reigns of your father's company, and you have spent very little time with me. I know you have a hectic schedule and I just want to spend some time out with my favourite person."

Harrison's brows furrowed as he sat back in his chair, "You are actually right but can't go out tomorrow. We would have to schedule for Friday because I have a lot of interviews and meetings tomorrow. Besides, the Shantel Pool House is reopening on Friday, we could go there and relax."

"Reopening? When did it close?"

He sent his mother his best are-you-kidding-me stare with his chin pressed to his palm and his elbow on the table. She laughed and threatened to throw her fork at him if he didn't stop staring.

"If you didn't know that Shantel Pool House had been closed, then you have really stopped going out. I thought all this while whenever I was at work, you would be with friends, shopping like tomorrow is in a thousand years and catching up on things you missed."