CHAPTER XIV

The steam fogged up the glass walls of the shower, and it whirled around Cassandra as she stood beneath the hot spray. The heat from the shower made the ceramic floors feel warmer than usual, and the dark blue patterns slowly disappeared as the fog passed over them.

The glass door squeaked open and lithe footsteps threaded the wet ground as they made their way to her. Cassandra grinned as strong arms wrapped themselves around her waist and turned her around. A big smile lit up his face, and his silver eyes brightened with delight as she smiled back at him.

"How's the shower?"

She shrugged and slowly trailed her hand from his wrist to lock them behind his neck. The shower rained down on him, flattening his usually bouncy hair over his head. The floor vanished beneath her as he grasped her hips and lifted her into his arms.

"Well, I was doing well before you walked in, and now, I just feel great."

He laughed, hiking her legs farther up his hips with a firm grip on her waist as he turned them towards the wall. Her hands slowly slid from his neck, and he pulled them above her head. As he intertwined their fingers and her back hit the wall, she heard the sound of their wedding bands clanging against each other. She smiled against his lips.

He grinned and pulled her back beneath the spray. Cassandra looked into his eyes, water running through her lashes as the water coursed down their body. She giggled louder and kissed him again.

"How, does it feel to be married?"

He lowered her to the floor, a hand around her waist and the other behind her neck. He smiled down at her, turning her around, and her back rested against his front. She felt his nose in her hair and giggled as he trailed his palm over her belly, "I love being married to you, Cassandra."

"Me too, Harrison."

The pencil snapped in two, and Cassandra sighed, tossing the broken pencil into her purse. Julia jumped, hands over her chest with a timid smile, but Cassandra just closed her eyes and turned away. She pulled out a pen from a pocket in her purse and leaned back against the wall. Cassandra chewed on the cover of the pen while her mind travelled back to the dream she had the previous night. She could still see the steam around her, feel the hands crawling up her naked spine, threading through her hair.

She looked horrible; her eyes were almost swollen, reddened from lack of sleep, and she generally felt like trash. Unable to fall back to sleep due to the dream, she had spent the rest of her morning working.

"Miss. Hernández, have you taken your drugs this morning?"

"Yes, I took the pill after my meal, so there is no need for your concern."

"You look terrible. Plus, that pencil suffered for a reason."

"Tell me something I don't know." She replied and walked off the elevator before the doors fully opened. "Give me everything in short sentences because I am in a mood, a horrible mood. Anything cranky comes through my doors; keep them away from me."

Julia remained silent as they stepped into the office, and she closed the door behind her. Due to the season, Santa Montes saw more rainfalls, so her office was picking up a chill. She wasn't the biggest fan of cold weather, raining or winter. She blasted the airconditioner and adjusted the temperature to one that suited her.

"Miss, are you sure you don't want to have something to eat? You don't look good at all."

"Stop fussing over me like I am a ten-year-old. I look exhausted because I am. I had a bad dream, and I could not go back to sleep. I found myself staring at the ceiling at three in the morning, Julia, three! I think I am supposed to look like this."