CHAPTER XXVIII

Harrison dropped his hand down, the tumbler dangling at his side as he watched Cassandra stroll in on Julia's arm. When Harrison thought he had seen the height of her beauty, she always found a way to knock him speechless. She was dressed in a stunning multi-coloured mock-neck crop top along with pair of slacks and a green blazer. To say he had seen her look happier would be the understatement of the century.

She had her head bent, looking over a folder by Julia's side as she walked towards the table slowly. They had been in there for ten minutes, and she had not once lifted her eyes to meet his. He knew she didn't hold a grudge towards him because of what happened with Josephine; she was trying to keep their relationship strictly professional.

Julia stayed close to her side, making sure she had everything she needed without her having to move around the conference room. Maria sat quietly by his side, occupied with her tablet, pictures and folders popping around on the screen.

When the door glided open, every head turned towards it to watch Mr Cooper walk in with his assistant following close behind. Everyone stood on their feet, and each exchanged their names and shook hands with the man. He looked more like a solider than an executive, but Harrison was not one to judge by looks.

"How are you feeling, Miss Hernández?"

Cassandra leaned back in her chair and shrugged, "better. Thank you so much for holding this meeting off until I was able to return to work. I promise you won't regret it."

"Not a problem, and I would remember to hold you on that promise," still standing, he turned to Harrison with a smile; "I trust you have resolved your matters with your ex? You and Miss Hernandez would be attending some galas concerning this project, and I will not want her to show up tossing possible."

Harrison prevented his smile from dropping at his words. He wanted to believe he had put an end to the problem, but he wasn't sure if it was truly over. Thankfully, the messages and visits to his office had stopped, but he desperately wanted to believe Josephine wasn't cooking something up.

"I believe no such thing would happen sir."

Cooper took his seat and, with deft fingers, unfastened the buttons of his suit to get comfortable. Rubbing his palms together, he signalled his assistant to pass the documents in front of him to everyone seated. When each of them had a copy on the table, he nodded then began.

"The budget for this plan is going to be big, and I expect everyone's hundred per cent and above but nothing less. Whatever battle is going on between your companies ends today until this business is finished. I want no quarrels or fights; we resolve any disagreement together and without pointing fingers. I want teamwork, and I am hoping that's not too much to ask."

"No sir." They replied in unison.

"Wonderful. You all know what to do from here. You may go to your respective lawyers and give the contract a good look over. Set up a meeting to see that deals to each of you satisfy you, then come back to me with any changes. Unfortunately, time is money, so I need this before this week's end. That means you should all have made your changes. Are we okay with that?"

Cassandra took her time to answer the question, going over it in her mind with care. It wasn't his place to be worried or caring for her thoughts, but he watched her all the same. He could tell that the urgency Cooper placed on the work didn't sit well with Cassandra. He knew, from Maria, that even though she had been in the hospital, she stayed on top of her work. She was as prepared as he was, for the task. When it came to business, she usually didn't mind whatever time limit she had.

Cooper finished the meeting early because he needed to meet up with his wife, so they all found their way out of his company by themselves. As far as elevator rides went, it was awkward to be so close to Cassandra and saying nothing while they moved. She hummed to herself, but he was close enough to hear it.