CHAPTER XLVII

Harrison sat beside Cassandra after she stretched out over her pool lounger, resting her head back with a sigh. He set her bag down beside him and laid back as well, enjoying the sights around the well-designed pool. After spending the past two days between work and sleep, they didn't actually have time to go out and enjoy the sites as they planned. Their meeting with one of the men they would be working with ended earlier than planned, so Cassandra suggested they enjoy the rest of their day in the pool. It took them little to no time to dig out suitable swimwear, and they headed out to the pool. It was, thankfully, almost empty, with only a few people around.

Harrison stood after he got everything sorted and walked over to take Cassandra's hand. "Come on, let's get into the pool."

She eyed the water suspiciously, then grinned and allowed him to pull her to her feet. She followed him, walking into the water. It was cold, like most of the city, even under the warming sun, but after a few minutes, they got used to it.

"I can't believe that we have only been here two days; it feels like a whole century." she groaned, spreading her arms out as she slipped back, allowing the water to carry her. Her hair floated underneath the water, and her smile grew. "I could fall asleep like this because it feels heavenly."

"Must be." Harrison grabbed her ankle and pulled her along. She laughed at him, trying not to sink beneath the water. She wrapped her hand around his shoulders as she rested her back on the edge of the pool. "We were meant to enjoy this trip, and all we seem to do lately is the opposite of that. If that man had brought out one more folder, I might have snapped."

"Lazy."

"Whatever." He kissed her, and she sighed, threading her fingers through his hair and running her fingers up his back, scraping against his skin. "Have I told you how beautiful you look every day? All the time, always stunning."

"Please, mention it a few more times, and maybe it would finally sink in." She kissed his chin, looking around at the other people that swam around them before sneaking in a long kiss. "I find you incredibly fetching as well."

"What a compliment."

He cupped her hips and lifted her, allowing her to wrap her legs around him. He looked away from her for a second and noticed Josephine sitting on the other side of the pool, she wore shades, but he could feel her eyes on them. Cassandra watched him before turning, her demeanour darkening when she watched H.W walk over to Josephine and hand her a glass of wine.

"You can not be serious right now." She growled, turning to drop her forehead against his chest in frustration. He felt her legs loosen from his waist, and she turned to walk out of the pool. "I can never catch a break."

Harrison followed behind her, clawing through his wet hair with his fingers as they sat down on their respective loungers. His gaze lingered on Josephine, watching her with the same intensity that she watched him, not believing that they followed him and Cassandra all the way out here. It was not a coincidence that they were, not only in the same city but in the exact same hotel. No one knew they were in Himont except their family and assistants, so he wondered how Josephine found out.

Cassandra walked into his view, blocking Josephine as she sat down on his lounger and offered him a glass of wine. "Nothing better than a good glass to serve as a distraction. I would offer to put sunscreen on you, but you are seriously wet, and I am oddly curious to see what a tan would look like on you."

Harrison chuckled. "I can dry myself really well with the towel, and you can have a go at it. I promise I won't stop you." He took a sip of the wine, his brows lifting in surprise. "This is amazing. What brand is this?"