Part 2: The Bookstore

So I started working at the bookstore each night. Even after the whole incident. Everything seemed fine. But everyone was just looking at me all weirdly. They even ran away from me. I ignored them all and continue. The workers were also really mean to me. Behind my back, all I kept hearing from them was just another annoying person. They even bet cash on me to see how long I could stay. 

Though, since I entered, I felt like the bookstore respected me. Weird right? A bookstore having feelings? Well it's true. Sometimes when I got really angry, I just felt a slight pull and I felt better afterwards. To me that meant it's OK, you can get through this. Just ignore them. When I was sad, sometimes the sunlight shine on a book. I get the book and it was like learning a new lesson and to cheer up. 

Now, enough with the feelings. Let me tell you why this bookstore, was completely different from all the others.  First off, there were three floors. The first floor contained magazines from all over the world as well as newspapers. The shelves were really somewhat tall, so you needed a ladder with wheels to get to some books. There were meeting rooms, also small desks so students from middle school to college can go and study.

The second floor was all for children. There was even a playground and bean bags so kids can have fun reading. Did I mentioned the trampoline and giant slide? Hugely strict with adults. No adults allowed to enter unless with a child. But of course, I work here and the temptation of jumping into the trampoline didn't stop me. When a kid was having a birthday, big giant bouncy balls with handles came out and the trampoline got filled with plastic fun balls.

Since kids are all focused with having fun, they completely ignored this one section of the bookstore. Some kids have tried to go on to this section, but the security guard just gives them a look, and run away. Teens as well, but the guard is good with telling fake from real ID cards, so nothing to worry about. This particular room, was the third floor. 

Now the third floor... The third floor... Was the party room. Strictly for adults. The third floor contained from American comic books, a pool table, adult films, a bar, anything you can imagine. But there was a secret room in the back. That secret room was mostly ignored because it just got so little fame. I was sad of how bad the conditions of this room were. 

This room just had... No it was a dream... It was like the passage way to Japan. Yup, I'm talking about mangas. Mangas are basically, graphic novels, comic books but much thicker with black and white pages. Only their covers and the first few pages of some were colored. Mangas from top to bottom. Left and right. Everywhere.

 My eyes just glowed up when I saw all these. Sadly because it was left alone for so long, so much dust was just laying there. But what seemed strange to me, was that even though it was all dusty, the mangas looked brand new. They all looked like they came straight from their package boxes.

I stayed hours cleaning this place. When I got tired, I just sat down and continue cleaning them. I was happy, I was so happy to be here. It took me weeks to clean all the mangas. I gotten into trouble several times because I stayed there for so long. Eventually, they all stopped asking me and were OK of me being here.