Chapter Seven

It turned around and groaned.

"Oh dear me," I muttered quietly as I saw the alleyway fill with girls in silver clothes with bows.

I assumed a wide-eyed expression of shock and fear even though that's not how I felt.

I saw the familiar silver eyes of my great great granddaughter(and cousin- it's confusing) looked at me.

Artemis walked through the crowd of her huntresses towards me.

"Hello," Artemis said. "What is your name?"

I thought of the code name I usually use while in my girl form.

"Harmony," I answered. "Are you Artemis? Because I could've sworn that you look just like the stories say."

Artemis's eyes widened in surprise that I would already believe in the Greek myths.

"Yes, I am actually," Artemis said.

I nodded. "That makes sense. These are your huntresses?"

"Yes." Artemis looked at me, thinking. "You could become a huntress if you wanted, Harmony. And you are obviously a demigod. . . More powerful than any one that I have ever seen. . . Possibly even more powerful than the minor gods. Or the major ones. . . Maybe even my father. . ."

I inwardly sighed, but I kept my face stoic.

Instead I nodded. "That would be nice." I said. "Hunting and running in the forest. . ."

The forests that I created, I thought.

The forests that the dam humans are polluting. . .

I'm going to have to stop people from polluting eventually. Before they end up destroying themselves. . .

Dam ADHD.

Dam snack bar.

Dam huntresses.

Dam Gaea.

Dam Tartarus.

Dam weird names.

CUT IT OUT, ADHD!

I shook myself out of my dam thoughts and listened to Artemis, who was telling her hunters to go back to their camping place.

I followed them.

I spent a little while with them(*cough* a few thousand years *cough*) before I listened. I listened once again to the Fates. They may be my descendants, but they still help me out. They tell me things I need to know, and I did them.

I have choices, of course, but I choose to listen.

I knew that I needed to leave the huntresses.

It's not like it's the first time left Earth, obviously. I've visited it multiple times, participated in many wars on lots of planets, helped humans and various other species make new inventions while in disguise, and a bunch of other things.

But it was time to leave the huntresses. After all this time, it is finally the time.

It is the time.

410 words. Sorry it was so short. The next one will be longer.

Updated 12/16/16

~Shatter