Chapter Fifteen

Harmony (AKA Chaos) (AKA Percy)

I fell from whatever floor that that room was on (it was really high) and landed on my feet (magical magicness).

(A/N Another made-up word.)

Loki climbed down quickly, seeming to forget that there was an elevator.

I smiled a little when I saw him and ran off towards the battle without saying a word.

I chopped off a monster's head, and sliced another in half. They both disintegrated into monster dust.

Then, I decided that I don't feel like using Riptide right now. I threw it at a random monster that exploded into yellow powder. I knew it would come back, but it reappeared in pen form in my pocket, so it won't bother me.

I was in the suit that the Avengers gave me. Just in case you were wondering. I twisted my earrings (yeah, I have them, but I doesn't necessarily like them. The earrings are really small and hardly noticeable. I can't honestly say that I didn't like piercing my ears. . .) and a bow appeared in my hand, and a quiver full of arrows was on my back.

I spun around, shooting arrows at the monsters that had decided to try and kill me while I was doing that.

But then, a little while later, I realized that Tartarus himself was in the battle.

"For the love of me," I muttered.

Tartarus saw me too.

I fought harder the crowd of monsters and evil demigods.

When I broke through the crowd, Tartarus was waiting for me. I barely noticed shifting into my male form.

"Tartarus," I said.

"Perseus Jackson."

I flinched practically unnoticeably at my full name, but this triumphant glint in Tartarus's eyes told me that I didn't hide it well enough.

I heard myself sigh after a moment of silence passes between us. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Okay. Sure." I could've heard the sarcasm on his voice from a mile away. He couldn't have inherited that from me, considering how I'm never sarcastic.

That was sarcasm. Obviously.

"Percy," Natasha said. "Who's this? You know him him?"

"Of course I know him," I said, not taking my eyes off of Tartarus. "He's my son."

There were some "what?"s, "Oh"s, and "That's your son?"s.

Others were just silent (*cough* Loki *cough*).

I tried again. "My son—"

"I'm no son of yours," Tartarus snarled.

I almost cried, and for a moment, I was speechless.

Then, my sadness(which is also technically happiness, considering I'm a masochist) turned into anger.

"I knew that you were going to end out like this," I said. "I knew you were going to betray me. I knew you were going to end out this way. I was a fool to think that I could change the future. I was a naive fool. But not anymore. I am not your mother. I am not your father. And you are not my son."

(A/N The Best Day Of My Life just came on on Pandora. -_- I really dislike that song.)

This time, it was Tartarus who looked shocked.

I closed my eyes so that I wouldn't have to see my son's face at that moment. I felt bad for saying all that. But I could still see his face.

But when I opened my eyes, he no longer had that expression. He was not going to be persuaded otherwise. He had chose his path, and I had chosen mine.

Then, before I could persuade myself not to, I lunged and stabbed my son in the chest.

My son's face got the same expression as it had a few moments before as he collapsed to the ground.

I saw him stop moving, and I saw him stop breathing. My son was, for all intents and purposes, dead.

I sank to my knees next to him and sobbed.

I knew that I would never be able to forget the expression that was on my son's face: shock and pain. Not physical pain(though it must've hurt), but instead, a heartbroken pain. The image would be permanently forged into my brain.

And that's exactly how I felt as I sobbed over my son's dead body.

A/N I hope you liked the chapter! *smiles*

~Shatter