The Baby Arrives

(y/n) P.O.V

At last it was the final month and I was due this week. It was nerve racking because I've heard about the pain of giving birth while being in labor. Ichigo promised he would be right beside me when the baby arrives... but I'm just so scared and nervous something will happen.

Rangiku helped by watching over me which was a blessing, because I could get my chocolate milk faster this way. She worked on her paperwork (for once) while she watched over me. The baby would kick once in a while making me wince in pain, but nothing I couldn't handle.

"Are you okay?" Rangiku asked while drinking some sake. "You haven't said anything and you're just lying on the couch reading."

"I'm fine. Just thinking about what will happen... the baby just kicked so I'm a bit in pain."

"I think that means you're ready. Well, I could be wrong."

My heart beat sparked up greatly. "What? I-I'm not ready!"

Tears leaked from my eyes as Rangiku rushed to my side, hugging me to her huge boobs. "Don't cry! It's just the hormones getting to you! Everything will be just alright." She faced me too her and lightly poked my belly. "If that promise doesn't come true you can drink all the sake I have in stock."

I laughed which not only brought my spirits up but hers as well. "Really? Even the special kind you have in the back?"

"All for you if you promise not to cry those pretty eyes out, alright?"

With a nod I wiped my tears away, laughing a tiny bit. "I can't believe I'm going to be a mother... it's amazing really. I never really had any thoughts of raising a child at all."

Rangiku cocked her head to the side. "Really? How come?"

"Well... my adoptive parents weren't the best around me as they let me do anything they want. If I wanted to do drugs that was okay with them, which isn't a thing a parent should let their child do. That's why I was so afraid of having a child was if my childhood came to them, then they would be stuck not knowing who their real parents were."

"Oh sweetheart, come here." Rangiku gave me her famous warm hug, filled with real love as I cried quietly in her arms. "It's okay... not everyone had the easily childhood life. Not Momo, Captain, me, you, Ichigo, or anyone else that we really know. It's what makes us stronger when we don't realize it."

"Thanks Rangiku." Ichigo's voice came from nowhere making me jump.

He stood leaning against the doorway with his captain coat on, filling him just nice and right to give the image of a captain out to him. I don't know if it was just today but his whole body was filled with happiness and joy, mostly all this week because he knew I was due around this week. Renji told me he was nervous becoming a dad, but he was mostly excited to hold our own child in his arms.

"Looks like the big man is here." Rangiku stood up and stretched. "I'll be going. Call me if you need me."

She grabbed all of her paperwork, which was almost above her head, and walked out of the room. Ichigo let her past and sat down next to me on the couch, his edges of his eyes a bit purple from the lack of sleep he was getting.

"How have you been?" He leaned against the pillows and sank right in.

"Pretty good. Baby just kicked. But... I am still nervous... what if something goes wrong?"

Ichigo yawned and grabbed both my hands. "(y/n) please, I promise you nothing will happen to the baby. It will be healthy and filled with life if you stop worrying. Stress is a bad thing for you being pregnant, so just relax."