Two Shining Eyes

~10 years later~

In the streets were two young children, one with (h/c) hair and one with orange hair, both running around with smiles on their faces. People smiled at them as they passed by, saying hello and goodbye quickly when they passed away.

The boy was older than the little girl as she looked to be five years old with beautiful (e/c) eyes that shined in the afternoon light. When they stopped it as at a mochi stand as the old woman who worked there smiled down at them.

"Ah why isn't Hitmou and Naomi. You two look positively in wonderful energy."

Naomi giggled and pointed a red mochi. "It's my big brothers first day at the soul reaper school! Can I have the red one this time?"

The old woman laughed and handed it to her. "Of course my dear. I don't get very many customers these days and I don't want them to go to waste."

"I'll eat them all for you!"

"Naomi..." Hitmou sighed, shaking his head at his little sister's eagerness. "You can't have all of them."

She pouted out her cheeks, making her cuter by the second. "Why can't I?"

"Because I don't want to get in trouble when mom and dad find out!"

The old woman chuckled and handed Hitmou a purple mochi. "Say, how's your father been doing these days? He's better than the last head captain we had fifteen years ago. Much less strict and gives out more resting days."

Hitmou smiled and nodded towards her. "He's doing great! Mom is a bit stressed out from all the paperwork, but it's always been like that. When I grow up I'm going to help mom with the paperwork, even if she tries to talk me out of it."

"And I'll dad with missions!" Naomi perked up, her whole being filled with endless happiness.

The sight brought joy to the old woman's eyes as never before has she seen wonderful children, willing to help out their own parents as well. "If you keep this up I'm sure you'll make all of Soul Society a wonderful place."

"Thank you." Hitmou looked down at his watch and gasped. "I have five minutes!" He grabbed his sister's hand and started to run. "Thank you for the mochi!"

The old woman waved bye too them before Hitmou flash-stepped from the air. Naomi never really liked flash-step because of how fast you had to go, but she still managed through it as her brother hurried as fast as he could.

The bell rung just in time as his father was standing up at the podium, giving his speech to the other new soul reapers entering into the school. He cleared his throat and let his voice become loud for all to hear.

"Welcome to the Soul Reaper Academy! I'll be the head master part time while being head captain part time in the Soul Society, where you'll graduate and sent to a squad we think you're best suited in. There are thirteen squads in all and for the first few days you will learn about them before the real training begins! As we all know squad one is the hardest to get into because it's determined by strength and courage! Be prepared to withstand all this training you'll witness for the next ten years until you will come to a squad! I will await the day you all will graduate and become the future of the Soul Society!"

People clapped and cheered for him as Hitmou stared at his father with respect. Hitmou was way too shy to speak to many people, but if he was destined to become to next head captain he'd have to work twice as hard.

"Mommy!" Naomi shouted and ran up the podium where his mother stood.

She smiled and picked her up, giving her a kiss on the nose. Hitmou hurried over and waved to his mother.