Chapter 1

Run.
Run faster.
Don't look back.
Don't take a step back or regret your decision like last time.

I try to make myself understand, closing my eyes and running faster. I don't know where I'm going, but I know why I'm going with nothing, only with a long white lace gown hugging my skinny body tightly and maybe some notes of hundred dollars. I know these paper pieces are bullshit, but this is the most helpful bullshit I've ever seen.

Ouch!

I curse my dress's length under my breath after tripping over nothing and hitting my head against a cold metal surface. Rubbing my hand on the groan over my head, I find myself leaning against a black car's door. I look around and find that I've reached a less crowded area now.

"She can't go far! She must be somewhere!"

Hearing a bunch of male voices, I turn around, and my nerves start to jump ferociously under my skin, discovering my father's people searching for me.

No, I can't go back there! I need a life, a life for myself, not a life made by them!

Before thinking anything else, I find myself opening the door of the black car in front of me and shoving myself into the backseat. Thankfully the windows are closed. Curling into a ball, I cover my whole body with a blanket lying on the backseat, hoping to win this hide-and-seek game.

After a few seconds, which seems like years, someone opens the driving seat's door. I decide to continue playing my game and hide till my saviour runs the car a little far from this place.

A light jerk inside the car, and finally, I leave a satisfactory breath, realising the car is running. I feel sweats forming over my skin as an outcome of my nervousness. I utter Jesus' name repeatedly to save myself from the most vulnerable state I've faced until now.

A melodious song starts playing inside the car as I listen to the person sitting in the driving seat singing along with it. I get sure about the person's gender by his voice. His voice is not that bad. It's more like a raspy morning voice. I cover my ears with my hands when the music changes. Thankfully he changes the song in less than a few seconds and turns on another one.

Should I remove the blanket over my head now and see at least who's driving the car? Should I ask the person to help me? Why hasn't the person noticed me yet? Losing the battle of answering my own questions, I finally remove the thin blanket over my body slowly, and my eyes fall on my lap, watching the person hovering in the driving seat.

Though I'm watching him from behind, and he's wearing a black t-shirt, by his exposed skin parts, I can tell that his body is fully covered with tattoos. He's so tall and has a toned body. He has long, curly hair which bounces down his shoulders. Isn't he one of those kinds of boys my father has warned me about? Boys with tattoos and punk attitudes? He must be, and I should be afraid of him.

"What the hell!" I hear him gasp and stop the car In the middle of the road all of a sudden.

Ouch. Here I go! Miss Hurt hurts the same place again by hitting her head against the window. But this time, I feel droplets of blood on the tips of my finger. Darn! What is my skin made of?

Predicting that my presence has made Mr Punk stop the car, I prove myself wrong by watching him tapping the punctured tire randomly.

"What happened to you, babe? Any new guy sexier than me trying to make you betray me?" I try not to concentrate on his attractive voice though it's weird that he's talking to a car's wheel like this. His voice is raspy, and his slow-motion talking adds its attraction.

I'm looking at him without a blink, hanging almost half of my upper torso out of the car's window for the past few minutes, but he hasn't seen me yet, not even a single time during our forty-five minutes ride to this place. He's careless about everything around him but himself, isn't he?