Chapter 38

A/N: Italics are flashback and this chapter have some lines collected from a famous novel for a role play. Don't be confused, they're acting those lines out.

CAPPUCCINO, my new story is served now, go check it out if you like to.

ExtraordinHarry piece of art for FIREFLAKES is above from my angel StylesClarityxx. I wanted to cry in a cool way when I saw this! Isn't it so beautiful!

Quesoftheday: Favorite app?

"There are so many students for the audition Zayn, I'm sure the audience has all types of rotten vegetables for me in stock." I tell looking around the auditorium.

Finally I and Zayn have taken the decision to participate in the cultural week. Liam would not be joining because he is suffering from fever since last night. By Harry's look I was pretty sure that he'll also put his name and that's why I hesitated to give the audition a try. But I agreed finally when I discovered Harry's name hasn't been registered.

"Don't worry, we'll pass it real well and both of us will be selected for the stage performances." Zayn tells squeezing my hand.

"What song you're going to sing?" I ask turning around at Zayn.

"For the audition, I'll sing chains by Nick Jonas. If I'm selected, I'll sing a song written by my own." He chuckles and rubs the back of his neck.

"Wow, that's cool." I smile looking at him excitedly, untying my hair.

"What about you?" Zayn tells passing me the chocolate chips.

"I don't know. I tried to read out some lines from any book but finally gave up. The stories were reminding me of something, one way or another. Don't worry, I have read so many stories in my life that my mind can easily remember any line from any famous book and act it out." I chuckle and he agrees with a smile.

"Hello sweet buns! Aww look at you all, cute as a button every single one of you." All of us in the auditorium turn around as we see an old lady entering inside the auditorium.

She's wearing a red knee length skirt and white top. She tilts up the big frame power glasses over her nose and looks at us flipping her white hair. Yeah, dyed or natural, it is completely white. By her wrinkled skin and voice, I can tell her age is not less than sixty and her eyes are really catchy, it's so blue.

"She must be our drama teacher and she's the craziest old woman I've ever seen in the whole half of my half-life." Ashley whispers lowering her head.

"Since when you've known her?" I ask looking at Ashley confusingly.

"Since the moment she entered inside the auditorium a while ago." She replies not looking at me, throwing a popcorn inside her mouth, chewing it with open mouth, making unnecessary sounds.

I take a moment to look away from my best friend, trying to make myself understand this weirdo is actually my best friend.

The old lady stands in front of us and instructs us what to do like we're sitting for the first ever examination in our life. After finishing her lecture, the audition for singing starts.

After three to four contestants, Zayn's name is being called. Zayn hugs me before climbing up on the stage and I rise up my thumbs, mouthing him all the best. He receives a huge round of applause after filling the vast atmosphere with his spellbinding voice.

"You're going to be selected for sure." I tell him happily after he comes back to his seat.

I see as Ashley presents a beautiful ballet dance and one by one students present their best talent on the stage.